PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Event Photographic Competition

THE BRAMBLERS
22nd June 2003, 06:47 PM
At the Winchester event on 19th July we are hoping to have a display and competition of scenic photo's taken by cachers whilst out on their caching travels.

We will obviously need to have a good number of photo's so if any of you would like to exibit one or more, please could you let us know on this thread, stating the number you would like to enter.

The photo's would need to be mounted and no larger than 10" by 8" including mount.

The photographs will be judged by a Photographic Alliance judge and the winners will be awarded certificates.

We will let you have further details if there are enough entries to make a good display.

cone_dxf & family
22nd June 2003, 07:20 PM
Phew, finally got round to validating my membership.
Photo competition sounds fun as long as noone takes it too seriously.
I'm sure I can drum a 2 or 3 decent shots up, although most of mine have been seen via forums or screensavers.

Best Wishes

Mark

The Wombles
23rd June 2003, 12:05 AM
I'll bring 2 or 3 photos along, not least because I've been meaning to get round to producing my favourites properly - I assume we can have them back? Many of mine have also found their way onto Chris' screeensavers, but I assume you'd like the best rather than just ones which are new to Geocachers. It might be a good idea to ask people to produce a small card identifying the name/waypoint of the cache so that visitors can add them to their "to do" list.

This is a brilliant idea to show people what fantastic locations are available when Geocaching, well done.

Richard and Beth
23rd June 2003, 02:41 PM
Are we limited to UK only Geocaching shots?

R

THE BRAMBLERS
23rd June 2003, 08:17 PM
Quoted by The Wombles

I assume we can have them back?

Yes.

It might be a good idea to ask people to produce a small card identifying the name/waypoint of the cache so that visitors can add them to their "to do" list

This would be a great idea.

Quoted by Richard and Beth

Are we limited to UK only Geocaching shots?

Don't see any reason to limit it to the UK, as long as they are geocaching photo's, that would be fine.

The Wobbly Club
4th July 2003, 07:05 PM
We would like to enter 3 photographs taken on our geo trips.

Looking forward to meeting you all at the venue.

Colin & Daphne

Tim and June
18th July 2003, 10:40 AM
Come on you guys there is now a prize consisting of a box of lead crystal glasses and a bottle of bubbly to fill them for the winning entry.

Lets show those Geomuggles all the wonderful locations that we have visited whilst hunting boxes.

Daisy&me
18th July 2003, 01:51 PM
I've got more than 100 photos taken while caching but unfortunately nearly all of them feature Daisy sitting in front a rotting log or similar hidey hole. :rolleyes:

However I've found 4 that meet the bill so I'll print them up and bring them along.