PDA

View Full Version : Just like to say hello.

deejay1001
3rd May 2013, 04:47 AM
Hi

Very very new to this. Having had to take early retirement with health issues this is part 2 of my recuperation program. Part 1 was the aquisition of my dog 'Missy' who accompanies me on my walks, (or is it the other way round :confused:).

We're based in South Wales (Swansea) and Geocaching has added a little something to our outings, we've found a few caches over tha past week or so and failed to find a few others. I have some ideas for caches of my own and am looking forward to getting them in place.

Looking forward to the future expeditions.

Jacaru
3rd May 2013, 08:53 AM
Welcome, I am sure that Lilian will be along to welcome you as well. She caches as Mollyjak and is also from Wales.

frosty68
3rd May 2013, 12:19 PM
Hi, it certainly does add another element to walking. Have fun

Maple Leaf
3rd May 2013, 01:52 PM
Hi & welcome.

This is perfect timing as this weekend it is the annual South Wales geocaching event - which has a range of events over the weekend.

The first event is this evening, but here is a link to the main event page (http://coord.info/GC40P5W) which is being held tomorrow (Saturday) which has

I am sure they will make you welcome if you put along - if you ask for Lilian (mollyjak) she will introduce you to lots of new friends (everyone knows Lilian and she knows most of the South Wales cachers) ... and I expect there will be several dogs there if you want to take Missy with you.

deejay1001
4th May 2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)

Unfortunately unable to attend the South Wales event but I expect I'll bump into somebody acting as oddly as me on one of my future outings. If it's anywhere near water I'm the one trying to convince the dog she's been swimming long enough.

Thanks for the caches I've found and all those I hope to find.