PDA

View Full Version : PQ to Backcountry pro

kitesman
10th May 2013, 03:00 PM
For the last couple of years I have been putting a pq on my HTC Desire to use on Backcountry pro with no problems. I now have a Samsung Galaxy S11
where I cannot find the appropriate page on the Samsung to allow the transfer of the pq from the computer to the phone any help would be welcome.
Also with the new backcountry download the maps are now Beta with seemingly no other choice where I used to have Ordnance Survey.

eusty
10th May 2013, 08:16 PM
Why not just download the PQ from the GS website?

I'm not sure why the S2 is different as they are both Andriod phones, so only version changes?

The Tares Clan
11th May 2013, 12:33 PM
You probably need to make sure that your computer has the USB drivers for the Galaxy installed and/or that you have USB configured correctly on the handset to allow file transfer.

You could use Neongeo which has the ability to use OS maps.

kitesman
11th May 2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for those ideas the pc does not recognise the phone so maybe it is the drivers, will have a go at sorting that out.

eusty
11th May 2013, 01:44 PM
The phone shouldn't need a driver as it should install as a mass media device (a drive). If it didn't then check the settings on the phone as on dine you can set if it appears as a phone/modem/media device when you connect via USB.

kitesman
12th May 2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks to both of you for your help I still have not got there with it yet
but a friend has a friend who is supposed to be well up on these things and will be having a go in a couple of days.