PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

G7POG
14th May 2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Everyone
Just a short message to introduce myself, My name is Mike , I live in West Bromwich,and have been caching around two years, my other interests other than caching is birdwatching and amateur radio , hence the ID G7POG ( One of my Call signs ), Shortly after starting in March 2011 I encountered an accident in which stopped me dead in my tracks for well over 12 months, so in the last two years I have only managed to find 35 caches, mainly around where I live, and although I now have a left arm with very little functionality and sadly a permanent disability, I have family who live in Mid Wales, I have a caravan in Staffordshire and am surrounded by many caches in the West Midlands, I even have three less than a 1/4 mile from where I live that has so far eluded me, I am a premium member of Geocaching.com and have downloaded 500 caches using pocket queries for each of these areas within a twenty mile radius, So hopefully I will be getting out and about to find some of these, I am unable to drive but I am slowly getting my wife clare interested in the hobby too and she does drive our car.
Hopefully I will meet some of you on my travels in the future but for the moment it will be nice just to get to know you all online
Kind Regards
Mike

shaddyuk
31st May 2013, 09:14 PM
My wife and I only discovered geocaching earlier this week......we are both disabled but are reasonably mobile....we live near Manchester airport...hopefully we can catch up some time

Jacaru
1st June 2013, 05:46 AM
Hi and welcome. There are some good caches up there so you should have plenty to go at.