PDA

View Full Version : How do you add events to the calendar??

N0hope
21st July 2013, 03:43 PM
How do I add an event to the calendar? Every time I try I get the following message:

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

mollyjak
22nd July 2013, 08:30 AM
Not my area of expertise ( not techie :)) but you are showing as a GAGB member and you should be able to add to the calendar.
I am sure the web master will be along soon and be able to answer your query - sorry I can't

Lilian

Bill D (wwh)
22nd July 2013, 11:40 AM
I've just tried and it worked for me (test entry now deleted)...

Go to the forums home page

Click Calendar near the top centre

Click Add New Event near the top right

Enter details and submit

If that doesn't work then I think Admin needs to look at your account settings.

N0hope
24th July 2013, 07:49 PM
As soon as I click on "Add New Event" I get the above message, every time. :(

Bill D (wwh)
25th July 2013, 11:56 AM
One for Admin then, I think. :dunno:

DrDick&Vick
25th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Works okay for me

Maple Leaf
25th July 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm working away at the moment with only iPhone (3G) access. I'll have a look at your account setup tomorrow evening or Saturday depending on motorway traffic and what time I get home.
Jackie is now adding the events so am sure it will be added in the near future anyway. In the meantime let us know the GC number.

Maple Leaf
27th July 2013, 12:38 PM
I've had a look at your account set up and can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to add events. I've also got my husband to add a test one under his login (which looks like the same set up as yours) and he is able to do it

I would be interested to know if anyone else (i.e. not previous commitee/admin members) are also getting the same message (you can create an event ..... and then delete it.

The Tares Clan
27th July 2013, 01:40 PM
Jen,

I created and deleted a test event on 27th August without any problems.

bus.stop
28th July 2013, 09:50 AM
Unfortunately I cannot add events either

bus.stop, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Maple Leaf
28th July 2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the testing ....... I think I have figured out why now.

Could you try now (Nohope & bus.stop) - I think you should both now be able to add calendar entries.

N0hope
30th July 2013, 12:12 AM
Thanks. Now working for me and event added