PDA

View Full Version : Not standing for re-election

The Wombles
6th November 2013, 10:51 PM
Work commitments and family illness mean that I won't be able to give sufficient time to committee responsibilities next year, so I have reluctantly decided not to stand for re-election.

Many others have shown an interest in landowner permissions and proposed other good ideas to improve GAGB so I hope that they will commit the time necessary to turn such ideas into reality, whether they stand for election to the committee or not.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and GAGB, whether you are landowners/managers, committee/ex-committee, agreement managers, reviewers or members who take an active role / speak out / help at events. Thank you and happy caching :)

Maple Leaf
7th November 2013, 06:27 AM
It is not going to be the same without 'The Wombles' on the committee - but a huge thank you for all the work you have done for the GAGB including many of the landowner agreements.

For those of you that don't know, Dave was one of the Founder members of the GAGB back in 2003 and has been on the committee ever since (and Chairman for a couple of years). ( Link (https://www.gagb.org.uk/InformationSheets/GAGB%20Past%20Committee%20%28updated%20Sept%202013 %29%20Sheet1.pdf) to past committee members document )

I am sure we will be 'tapping' into your GAGB knowledge for many years to come - as we do with Bill D every now and again.

Jen

mollyjak
7th November 2013, 09:05 AM
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication over the years - you will be missed xxxxxx

Bill D (wwh)
7th November 2013, 10:05 AM
Many thanks, Dave, for the enormous amount of work you've put into GAGB during its ten year history. Enjoy your "retirement"! :cheers:

*mouse*
7th November 2013, 04:22 PM
Wont be the same without you Dave - you're leaving big shoes to fill.

daddyanddude
7th November 2013, 04:36 PM
you will be a big loss

bobo frett
8th November 2013, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all your hard work. Long may your legacy last.

JackieC
8th November 2013, 11:02 AM
You will be greatly missed Dave. Thanks so much for all the years of service.

Dont be a stranger! :lol:

Dorsetgal
11th November 2013, 11:45 PM
Ah really sorry to hear that, but totally understand.

Thank you for all your work on our behalf.

Cache on Wheels
12th November 2013, 12:35 AM
Sorry to hear you are not standing for re-election, I know I don't know you as well as many others do. From what I've read and learned about your commitment to GAGB, you have been an inspiration to so many people and you will be missed by so many people. Of course family and oneself must always come first. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers :)
Heather