PDA

View Full Version : Newby

nhoj2013
3rd December 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi,
I'm very new to geocaching. I started approximately 1 month ago. To date I have 25 finds and one trackable to my name. The trackable is currently driving me mad because I cann't find a geocache large enough to place it in:ohmy: This trackable is entitled, "The Ultimate Cricket Tour" and comprises of the usual dogtag attached to a cricket ball roughly one and a half times the size of a golf ball. The caches that I have found so far have all been micros. Hopefully I'll find one large enough soon.
Any suggestions? I live in the Stockport area. Near Manchester.
John.

richlay
3rd December 2013, 11:41 PM
Hi,
I'm very new to geocaching. I started approximately 1 month ago. To date I have 25 finds and one trackable to my name. The trackable is currently driving me mad because I cann't find a geocache large enough to place it in:ohmy: This trackable is entitled, "The Ultimate Cricket Tour" and comprises of the usual dogtag attached to a cricket ball roughly one and a half times the size of a golf ball. The caches that I have found so far have all been micros. Hopefully I'll find one large enough soon.
Any suggestions? I live in the Stockport area. Near Manchester.
John.

Hi John and welcome to our great game!

I'm not sure where you could take it but I will copy the post to the North West caching facebook page where I am sure someone will give a suggestion. If all else fails, it could always go back where you found it ;)

richlay
4th December 2013, 08:29 AM
I've had http://coord.info/GC48N84 recommended, a large one that's also a quite easy drive by. Good luck!

nhoj2013
4th December 2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks for that richlay. I'll give it a whorl:) John.

RedFerret
4th December 2013, 08:00 PM
I've not done this one yet, but an ammo can should be plenty big enough :)

GC4RFA9 (http://coord.info/GC4RFA9) An ammo can for handforth

I'm afraid I haven't enough posts to submit a link yet.

nhoj2013
4th December 2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks for that Redferret and thanks again richlay for your suggestion. I will follow up both of the recommendations. :cheers:
I went out caching this afternoon near to Debdale Park, Manchester and managed to find a cache large enough to take the Trackable (TL7FN0M4). This is the largest I have found so far. My wife and I walked along the Kings Road (Bridle Track) to Fairfield Railway Station via a public footpath across Fairfield Golf Course. I picked up 5 caches within 2 miles approx. I missed out on a "Side Tracked" cache at the station because, at school run time, it was far to busy to look for it.
We returned home to Reddish via the Fallowfield loop cycle track.
There are quite a few caches in Debdale Park but they are for another day:)

NB Being a newby, I wasn't allowed to post the co-ordinates of the Trackable.

Maple Leaf
4th December 2013, 10:14 PM
Hi and welcome.

One more post nhoj2013 and you will be able to add urls. :)

nhoj2013
5th December 2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks for that Maple Leaf :D Regards, John.

RedFerret
5th December 2013, 07:56 PM
I've not done this one yet, but an ammo can should be plenty big enough :)

GC4RFA9 An ammo can for handforth

I'm afraid I haven't enough posts to submit a link yet.

Cheers for the link Maple Leaf :)