PDA

View Full Version : Down loading Geocaches

dragon47
14th May 2014, 02:22 PM
Any body help, trying to down load geocaches but it keeps telling me that the plug in was not unlocked successfully. Any idea's thanks.

N0hope
16th May 2014, 10:46 PM
I have had the same problem today. I think it is a fault with geocaching.com

Bear and Ragged
17th May 2014, 12:30 PM
Groundspeak forum full of similar posts.

Seems to be a problem with the first bit of the web address HTTP... If it has a 'S' in there the plug in wont work.

Try.
Look at a different page, ie one without the 'S' (seems people are getting problems on the map page, but not from the cache page?)

Are you a Premium Member?
Download a Pocket Query.

Another option... Download to your desktop, then load to the GPS via Drag n Drop. That should bypass the Garmin Communicator plug in.

dragon47
17th May 2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks for your replies. I was trying to down load from geocache map which would not let me down load. I had to get gc No go to cache and do it that way, along way around but got there in the end. Thanks again.

Cherianda
26th May 2015, 03:25 PM
Can no longer download geocaches through Garmin Communicator plug in as Google Chrome no longer supports the software (or something like that) So what do i do now

Gackt
28th May 2015, 06:00 PM
Can no longer download geocaches through Garmin Communicator plug in as Google Chrome no longer supports the software (or something like that) So what do i do now

Are you a premium member, and do you have the GSAK program? That is what I use when I want to put more than one cache at a time into my old GPSr which I never got to work with the Communicator plugin.

Bear and Ragged
31st May 2015, 01:54 PM

Firefox web browser.

Or use Pocket Queries.

Cherianda
19th February 2016, 04:22 PM
Further to my post of the 20th I now find Firefox is no longer supporting garmin. Very frustrating,feel like throwing the Garmin Dakota 10 away.Is there an easy,foolproof way of downloading Geocaches.You may have guessed I am an occasional Geocacher! Not very technical

Bear and Ragged
28th February 2016, 05:57 PM
Pocket Queries.

http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/paperless.html

Or. for individual caches, download the GPX file to your desktop, then drag n drop -or copy n paste- to the GPX folder on your GPS.
(You could download the GPX file direct to the folder on the GPS, but I don't know how quick/slow it is...)

davecorncroft
27th March 2017, 11:15 AM
I have just started having a problem downloading caches to my Maggellan Explorist 610 and 310 using "Send to my GPS" option from Geocaching.com . I have tried this on both a desktop and a laptop and using Firefox and Edge. Looking at the Geocaching.com forums this is not just an isolated problem, unfortunately they are only talking about a fix for Garmin devices. However reading some earlier posts in GAGB I think I can see a solution i.e. use Pocket Queries and download via that route, I will try this and post the result.

It is not my preferred solution but Pocket Queries is working for me. Thank you Bear and Ragged.