PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Borders Council

misty morn
11th September 2014, 11:26 AM
Some months ago I contacted Scottish Borders Council to request permission to place a cache on land that they own in Galashiels. The area is currently used for recreational purposes and there's a golf course occupying part of it. It is freely accessible to the public and there are a number of waymarked trails crossing it.

There have been various hoops to leap through - as you might expect - but I was finally given the OK and the cache is now in place.

I think it's fair to say that the officials involved at SBC hadn't come across geocaching before so it was new territory for them and, naturally enough, they wanted to be a tad cautious. They have been reasonably supportive of the principle and, in this instance at least, have been happy to see it go ahead.

I'm hoping, of course, that it won't lead to any problems, though I have absolutely no reason to suppose that it will.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is thinking of going down a similar route.

John

richlay
13th September 2014, 09:16 AM
Great news and well done for your tenacity! Perhaps Sharon can get the details from you and have them added to GLAD

misty morn
13th September 2014, 10:01 AM
Happy to supply details if it'll help - just let me know.

I'd have to say, though, that this is simply a one-off at the moment; maybe a foot in the door, at best. Perhaps when the dust has settled it's something that could be developed, but that's probably above my pay grade...;-)