PDA

View Full Version : Question 2 - Roles within the Committee

mollyjak
16th November 2014, 09:14 PM
Which role within the committee is best suited to your skill set?
Assuming we are looking for the roles of :-)

Secretary
Treasurer
Land owner database
Communication - emails and phone calls
Webmaster
Any other area

Brenin Tegeingl
16th November 2014, 09:52 PM
Personally I'd be more suited to Communication - emails and phone calls, given the similar sort of experience I have had over the last 8 years.

Secretary
Treasurer

Are skill sets I've no experience of at all, given that I've been a Full Time Carer for the last 14 years, and before that, never worked in a Office role.

I've no sort of knowledge needed for the Webmaster

Land owner database is something I'd need more information about what is involved in the background, to give a informed comment.

Dave

Poole_Man
16th November 2014, 10:20 PM
Which role within the committee is best suited to your skill set?
Assuming we are looking for the roles of :-)

Secretary
Treasurer
Land owner database
Communication - emails and phone calls
Webmaster
Any other area

Thanks for asking.

With my professional skills in web design, hosting and marketing I would say that communications and webmaster are so interlinked that I would be best suited to those roles.

But I recognise the importance of working with the person who wrote the code of this website so would look to keep a contact there too if I was to work in these roles.

The actuall programming is outside my skill base as its programming not web design.

As a company director I also have skills that would cover all but the job of treasurer which I tend to steer clear of.

Regards

Paul

abiherts
16th November 2014, 10:25 PM
I personally think I'd be best at the role of the Secretary or maintaining the Land Owner Database. I have quite a bit of free time during the day to dedicate to either of these two roles.

I'm not very familiar with accounts or any form of webmastery so these would be a no!

Sharon - Sharant
16th November 2014, 10:33 PM
I have been in charge of the land owner database since March and I'm still willing to continue in that role. I am currently a treasurer with our local scout group and I have designed Web sites in the past including writing and designing in html, php and java script. I have been in a secretarial role before but my strengths are elsewhere. So I am flexible and I can help in several different roles within the GAGB.

richlay
17th November 2014, 12:47 AM
I believe I could fulfill any of the roles bar webmaster but I feel there should be consistency in the treasurer role I currently hold so I guess I would be looking to hold on to that should I be re-elected. Having said that, many of us have done bits of all sorts to cover others which has worked ok.

JackieC
17th November 2014, 07:54 PM
I'll have a go at most jobs, and will happily fit in where Im needed.

For the last year I've been processing membership applications, a role I never thought I was 'technical' enough for, but I've taken to it well. Every day (well almost every day, if I'm away then it depends on t'internet) I weed the spammers out and add the cachers.

So if I can learn that from nothing I hope I can sort out anything that needs looking after.

I'd also like to keep looking after Scotland and increasing the GAGB merchandising (such as polos and the coins).

UKCACHEMAG
17th November 2014, 09:41 PM
I feel a mix of communications and events / training would be the best use of my skills.

With many years of customer service and marketing for volunteer groups I would like to get involved with raising profile of gagb and caching.

I hope to forge links within the outdoor industry to do this.