PDA

View Full Version : Question 4 - Business Interests

Dorsetgal
19th November 2014, 11:43 PM
I'm sure many are aware one candidate Adam, runs a geocaching magazine.

I'd like to ask all the candidates, do they have any financial interests connected with geocaching?

For example, are they a Groundspeak Approved Vendor, have they applied to be one?

Do they run a geocaching related shop or business, or intend to during their prospective term of office?

Please declare any financial interests, current or desired, many thanks.

JackieC
20th November 2014, 12:11 AM
No business interests to declare, and no intentions of starting any geocaching related businesses.

The nearest I come to anything business-like is collating orders for geocaching tops, which everyone pays the cost price for, so I'm just doing everyone a favour.

abiherts
20th November 2014, 07:58 AM
I have no business interests with geocaching nor any desire to do so.

Sharon - Sharant
20th November 2014, 08:14 AM
I have no geocaching business interests.

richlay
20th November 2014, 08:39 AM
Nothing here and I would state that in my opinion it should have (and hasn't in Adam's or previous members of the committee who had caching related businesses) no impact whatsoever on their ability to be a viable member of the committee.

Poole_Man
20th November 2014, 11:55 AM
I have no business interests connected with geocaching.

But I can use my business contacts for the purpose of GAGB if needed.

I have no plans to do business connected with geocaching in the next GAGB Committee year.

Addition to what I orginally posted as I didn't think of it at the time I orginally posted but I am part of the Devon Mega Group on Facebook, the Committe has yet to be formed so I don't actually know if I will have an interest as a committee member or just a supporter of the Devon Mega in 2017.

Paul

Brenin Tegeingl
20th November 2014, 01:11 PM
No business interests of any sort, the only other Non Family interest I'm involved with, is the North Wales Mega 2016 Committee as a minion [that's a Non Full Committee Member, with no Financial responsibilities Under the Committee Constitution]

Dave

countrymatters
20th November 2014, 06:03 PM
Author of 'Geocaching in the UK'.

UKCACHEMAG
21st November 2014, 12:09 AM
I run UK Cache Mag, a print and digital app version.

I do it because the community needs something, and there is nothing else available (in print) There is also seeker that the GAGB produce - mainly due to Terry.

I also sell a few bits and pieces at events.

In my current term I do not believe there has been a conflict of interest. UKCM can be another way to get the word out regarding GAGB.

The profile the magazine has given me, is perhaps part of the reason I was elected on to GAGB.