PDA

View Full Version : Question 5 - Top Priorities for the year ahead

Saints1
20th November 2014, 06:50 AM
If elected to the committee, what would your top 3 priorities be for the next 12 months?

richlay
20th November 2014, 08:42 AM
1) Conduct our business in a quicker, slicker manner
2) Work on a welcoming mechanism for new players, introducing them to the game and to the association and getting their email address verified!
3) Grow our annual events. Increase the number of attendees at CITO weekend and potentially plan a camping weekend.

Cache on Wheels
20th November 2014, 09:12 AM
1) Conduct our business in a quicker, slicker manner
2) Work on a welcoming mechanism for new players, introducing them to the game and to the association and getting their email address verified!
3) Grow our annual events. Increase the number of attendees at CITO weekend and potentially plan a camping weekend.

Thank you for your reply, they are very good priorities :)

It would be great to see more members organise GAGB CITO events where there is not one arranged locally, attend them and spread the word of GAGB and their events too :)

abiherts
20th November 2014, 09:13 AM
1) Improve the image of the GAGB.

2) Work on making more people aware of the GAGB by methods described in a previous post.

3) Carry out which ever role I am given to the best of my ability if elected.

richlay
20th November 2014, 09:20 AM
I hope people haven't just had their answer nicked by CoW!

Brenin Tegeingl
20th November 2014, 01:24 PM
1: increase the interaction between the GAGB and the Community, not just to increase awareness, but to increase the numbers within the community, who are active in supporting the work of the Association.

Currently and very sadly there is way too much negativity and a feeling that the Association is a waste of time, by some who are Leaders within the community, who feel Groundspeak is the Be All and End All within Geocaching. That is creating a widening schism within the community.

2: a Aim to turn around a higher percentage of Negativity to the Hobby by some Landowners, in to a positive relationship with them. In a manner that fits both the community and the Landowner.

3: to provide support to those within the community, who need it, and have no other avenue of support available, other than being told to "Go to Groundspeak". When what they are looking for is support form someone within the Local community, who better understands the issues.

Dave

UKCACHEMAG
21st November 2014, 12:01 AM
1) Step up and take a specific role on the committee
2) Work to forge stronger links to promote GAGB and geocaching as a whole
3) look at some more events that the GAGB can get behind / involved with to put us more on the map

Leonards193
21st November 2014, 11:11 AM
Some very good suggestions already made,

I would like to see more events organised by local GAGB members as they are a great way to interact with people in a friendly relaxed manner.

To change the perception of the association and get people to really understand what we are about.

If there were to be camping events, maybe a competition (guess the weight of the ammo can, Name That Cache etc) running along side it to win donated items? Raffle etc... involving all ages.

I know there have been GAGB trackables made in the past but maybe something unique which would promote our goals such as a coin or TB with a message on?

Poole_Man
21st November 2014, 05:11 PM
My priorities would be:

To ensure that I follow through on anything I agree to do as part of the Committee during the year;
to run more events in the year to raise the awareness of Geocaching and the GAGB;
and if I look after the website I will ensure it is kept up to date.

Sharon - Sharant
21st November 2014, 05:16 PM
My top 3 priorities would be
1) If I am reassigned my current position Glad Manager I would try to encourage more councils and landowners to set up an landowners agreement.
2) Continue to develop the GAGB online shop
3) To continue to promote the GAGB and to encourage more members.