PDA

View Full Version : My Oregon 550t can't download geocaches...

The Bike Cacher
1st January 2015, 10:53 AM
I have downloaded Garmin communicator.... Garmin web updater... Garmin usb driver... I have tried on PC's Mac's multiple times... When i plug it in to my mac it doesn't even recognise it (but the screen on the GPS does light up so i know its definitely in...). When i use a PC it recognises it but says "the device you just plugged can't be read. The device could not be working properly."

i don't mind manually putting in all the info but it takes ages compared to some of my friends who can download...

Saza36
1st January 2015, 01:54 PM
Sometimes it takes mine 15 seconds or so to be recognised on the Mac but it should appear as one or two drives depending upon whether you have a micro SD card installed of not ...have you tried a different lead ?

The Bike Cacher
1st January 2015, 02:17 PM
I've tried everything...:( new lead wating ages... i think its broken

Saza36
1st January 2015, 02:43 PM
Hard reset or setup then system and make sure interface is set to garmin serial

Bear and Ragged
1st January 2015, 09:57 PM
Using Internet Explorer?
Set Compatibility Mode.

Dont ask me how, I don't use IE!

http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=457

The Bike Cacher
2nd January 2015, 09:38 AM
No i use either chrome or safari... :( ill have to try the complete system reset. How do you do this???

Saza36
2nd January 2015, 10:38 AM
Check the interface settings first - follow instructions in my post above

The Bike Cacher
2nd January 2015, 03:11 PM
I've done complete system reset resetting to factory settings and I'm on garmin serial... i think something is internally wrong...:(:(:confused:

eusty
20th January 2015, 12:23 PM
I've done complete system reset resetting to factory settings and I'm on garmin serial... i think something is internally wrong...:(:(:confused:

Why are you using the Serial? :dunno: Set it to Spanner and then it should ask you if you want to go to Mass Storage, then pick yes.

The Bike Cacher
24th January 2015, 10:09 AM
yay fixed it by buying a new garmin cable.