PDA

View Full Version : 2015/2016 GAGB Chairman Nominations

LadybugKids
18th October 2015, 06:44 PM
Note: This thread will be reopened on 21st October when the nominating period begins. I am posting the information now so GAGB Members have advance notice for this year's process.

Hello GAGB Members:

The nomination period for the position of GAGB Chairman for 2015/2016 is now open. Nominations will be accepted from Wednesday 21st through to Saturday, 24th October 2015.

All GAGB members who joined before 1st October 2015, are eligible to nominate another member or second anomination. Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their nomination in this thread.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

The Election for Chairman will be held during Sunday 1st to Wednesday 4th November 2015.

Candidates for the Chairman position are requested to send their manifesto, photo (passport style), and geocaching avatar (if they have one) to me, Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids), GAGB Independent Returning Officer (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org)) by midnight, Sunday, 25th October 2015.

After the nomination period has closed nominee manifestos, photos, and avatars will be posted in a locked ‘Candidates for 2015/2016 Chairman Elections’ thread as well as on the ballot so you may read about why each candidate is standing for election and theskills they would bring to the Committee if elected.

A ‘Chairman Candidates (2015/2016) - Q&A’ thread will be opened during the week leading up to the election where Members may ask the Candidates about their GAGB goals.

More information about the annual elections can be found in the GAGB Constitution (Section N) (https://www.gagb.org.uk/constitution.php) and Seeker Issue 26 (https://www.gagb.org.uk/newsitem.php?id=87)

In the meantime, it is important that you work with your internet service provider (ISP) to white list e-mails coming from the gagb.org.uk, gagb.org.uk, geocachealaska.organd surveymonkey.com domains so you receive election news and ballots.

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
GAGB Returning Officer

Maple Leaf
21st October 2015, 05:25 AM
The nomination period for the position of GAGB Chairman for 2015/2016 is now open. Nominations will be accepted from Wednesday 21st through to Saturday, 24th October 2015.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

Bill D (wwh)
21st October 2015, 10:39 AM
I nominate Jen Harley (Maple Leaf) for the position of Chairman.

richlay
21st October 2015, 12:46 PM
I second her in the unrealistic hope she changes her mind.

That not being the case, I nominate Sharant, after a solid and influential period serving on the committee, I think she is an ideal candidate.

Brenin Tegeingl
21st October 2015, 04:20 PM
I second Sharant

Maple Leaf
21st October 2015, 05:58 PM
I nominate Jen Harley (Maple Leaf) for the position of Chairman.

Thank you Bill & Rich, but as already mentioned to the committee (and in Seeker magazine), I will be declining the nomination for the Chair position this year. I have enjoyed my last 3 years as Chair, but feel it is time to pass this specific role onto someone else.

Sharon - Sharant
23rd October 2015, 07:37 PM

That not being the case, I nominate Sharant, after a solid and influential period serving on the committee, I think she is an ideal candidate.

I second Sharant

Thanks to Rich & Dave for nominating me. I have thought long and hard about accepting the nomination for Chair. I accept the nomination for Chair.

Cache on Wheels
24th October 2015, 09:58 AM
I am delighted to read you accept the nomination of Chair Sharon :) I also would have nominated / second you.
All the best
Heth :)

LadybugKids
25th October 2015, 07:04 AM
2015/2016 GAGB Chairman Nominations are now closed.

Sharon Reid/Sharant was the only candidate to be nominated for GAGB Chairman and she accepted the nomination.

Because Sharon is standing unopposed, the election for Chairman will not go to ballot.

Stay tuned for news in a new thread regarding the nominations for the 2015/2016 GAGB Committee, which will open on Friday, 6 November.