PDA

View Full Version : GAGB Executive Committee (2016/2017) - Election dates

Sharon - Sharant
29th September 2016, 09:00 PM
2016/2017 GAGB Executive Committee elections

All GAGB (forum) members prior to 1st October 2016 are eligible, and encouraged, to participate (stand, nominate or vote).

There shall be two elections, first for the position of Chairman and then for the eight Committee Member posts.

Nominations may be made in the relevant thread in this forum during the advertised nomination period. Each nomination must be seconded and accepted by the nominee within that same period in order to be valid. Nominee manifestos will then be posted in the GAGB forums and on the ballot so you may read about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they would bring to the Committee if elected.

Cut off date for being a GAGB member and able to stand, nominate or vote: Saturday 1st October 2016 (Constitution (https://www.gagb.org.uk/constitution.php) - section E2)

Chairman elections

Nominations for Chairman open: Weds 26th October 2016
Close of nominations for Chairman: Sat 29th October 2016
Election for Chairman: Sun 6th – Weds 9th November 2016

Committee elections

Nominations for Committee open: Fri 11th November 2016
Close of nominations for Committee: Mon 14th November 2016
Election of Committee: Tues 22nd – Sun 27th November 2016

Where nominations exceed vacancies, election shall be by ballot and will be run by Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids), who is returning as our Independent Returning Officer for the 7th year.

Mike is currently serving as Treasurer of GeocacheAlaska!, the non-profit geocaching organization for the state of Alaska that fosters geocacher education and land manager advocacy. He is also a Volunteer Reviewer for Groundspeak, reviewing caches for Alaska and Hawaii as Greatland Reviewer and EarthCaches for Alaska, Hawaii and elsewhere as needed as GeoawareUSA4. He has also in the past reviewed EarthCaches in the UK.

SurveyMonkey.com will again generate the ballot. This streamlines ballot counting and adds a layer of confidentiality between the Returning Officer and those who vote. You will be sent an e-mail with a unique link to the ballot, so please make sure your e-mail address on the GAGB forum (UserCP) is current.

Ladybug Kids will make an announcement in this GAGB forum (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53) after the e-mails have gone out so you can check your spam filter, etc., in case you don't receive the link to the ballot.

LadybugKids
5th October 2016, 05:02 PM
Hello GAGB Members:

I had to read "returning as our Independent Returning Officer for the 7th year" twice before I realized how fast time is flying.

I'm looking forward to working with GAGB again during the upcoming election cycle. I definitely need a break from the election run-up occurring here in the US, but that is an entirely different topic to be discussed over many pints after having already consumed many pints. It was a pleasure meeting a number of GAGB members at A little piece of Alaska! (https://coord.info/GC66K0F) in London, November last.

As stated by Sharon, I will post in these forums any time an e-mail announcement is sent to you don't miss anything important. You can whitelist my e-mail address ahead of time if you wish: ladybugs at geocachealaska.org

At your service,

Mike/Ladybug Kids