PDA

View Full Version : 2016/2017 GAGB Chair Nominations

Administrator
26th October 2016, 11:37 AM
Hello GAGB Members:

The nomination period for the position of GAGB Chair for 2016/2017 is now open. Nominations will be accepted from Wednesday 26th through to Saturday, 29th October 2016.

All GAGB members who joined before 1st October 2016, are eligible to nominate another member or second a nomination. Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their nomination in this thread.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

The Election for Chair will be held during Sunday 6th to Wednesday 9th November 2016.

Candidates for the Chair position are requested to send their manifesto, photo (passport style), and geocaching avatar (if they have one) to me, Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids), GAGB Independent Returning Officer (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org)) by midnight, Sunday, 30th October 2016.

After the nomination period has closed nominee manifestos, photos, and avatars will be posted in a locked ‘Candidates for 2016/2017 Chair Elections’ thread as well as on the ballot so you may read about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they would bring to the Committee if elected.

A ‘Chair Candidates (2016/2017) - Q&A’ thread will be opened during the week leading up to the election where Members may ask the Candidates about their GAGB goals.

More information about the annual elections can be found in the GAGB Constitution (Section N) (https://www.gagb.org.uk/constitution.php) and Seeker Issue 30 (https://www.gagb.org.uk/uploads/Seeker/seeker30.pdf#page=26)

In the meantime, it is important that you work with your internet service provider (ISP) to white list e-mails coming from the gagb.org.uk, gagb.org.uk, geocachealaska.org and surveymonkey.com domains so you receive election news and ballots.

At your service,

GAGB Committee

manxrose
27th October 2016, 10:20 PM
I would like to nominate Sharon Reid of Sharant for the chair.:joyous:

BaCas
27th October 2016, 10:29 PM
'I second'

Sharon - Sharant
27th October 2016, 10:56 PM
Thank you Rose & Cas. I accept your nomination.

LadybugKids
29th October 2016, 11:57 PM
2016/2017 GAGB Chairman Nominations are now closed.

Sharon Reid/Sharant was the only candidate to be nominated and seconded for GAGB Chairman and she accepted the nomination.

Because Sharon is standing unopposed, the election for Chairman will not go to ballot.

Stay tuned for news in a new thread regarding the nominations for the 2016/2017 GAGB Committee, which will open on Friday, 11 November.