PDA

View Full Version : TOPO light maps

robnsylv
13th February 2017, 09:59 AM
We are going to the lake district to do caching and walking and I would like to know how good the Garmin TOPO light map is for following trails, Or can you recommend a good routable map. We have a Garmin E Trex 25. I want to be able to way-point my car then go wandering and at the end let the GPS route me back to the car via paths ,lanes roads etc. Not in a straight line.
Many many thanks in advance.

Antreid
13th February 2017, 11:28 AM
Hi there - Ant here from the committee.

Hopefully someone else will reply who knows the eTrex (I do not), but in case you don't see any reply here, you may consider using Facebook and asking the wider geocaching community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/geocachinguk/ would be a good group to join and place to ask for advice.

Meanwhile let's hope someone on the forum is familiar with your unit and the maps...:welcome:

Ant

border caz
13th February 2017, 06:16 PM
Not familiar with "light" map or the 25, but I used to use a Garmin Etrex Legend which had Garmin Topo maps on and it didn't show any trails, only roads. You could set it to leave a trail to follow back to base. Times have probably moved on, sorry I don't know.