PDA

View Full Version : CITO Weeks 2017

Antreid
9th March 2017, 01:34 PM
Hey folks,

Geocaching HQ have arranged for two CITO weeks in 2017, just as they did in 2016. I see no reason why GAGB shouldn't align with these global dates, and if you agree please do consider arranging CITO events in your locality on one of these weeks

April 22-April 30, 2017 - get to it, folks!
September 23–October 1, 2017 - I suggest we align GAGB CITO weekend to these dates, too!

CITOs are a year-round thing, so don't be afraid of organising an event on some other date if there's a need or desire - and if you want GAGB to help advertise, we can retweet or use Facebook or whatever can help.

Remember that advance notice of CITO events is a very good idea, and regionally-significant events can be published more than three months ahead, so if you are planning the sort of CITO event in the Autumn that will attract people from all across your region, you may be able to ask your reviewer to publish it earlier than June!

GAGB will provide HTML templates and gather stats of members' CITO events, for the CITOs in the Autumn, which we've been doing as an organisation for many many years!

(Want advice on organising a CITO? Take a look inside last year's Seeker (https://www.gagb.org.uk/uploads/Seeker/seeker30.pdf#page=17) for some help - Seeker 30, page 17.)

Ant

Maple Leaf
15th July 2017, 09:05 PM
Just to let you know that my GAGB 2017: Tania's Wood CITO event has just been published. https://coord.info/GC78P7Q

Maple Leaf
30th August 2017, 10:52 PM
It would be useful to have a list of all the other GAGB2017 annual events ... or a bookmark.

I can see that Sharant is hosting one, but are any other members of the current committee hosting one?

Sharon - Sharant
1st September 2017, 07:41 PM
Yes we will setup a bookmark list. Also look at our events calendar to list all the CITOs.

I'm afraid it is just Sharant hosting a CITO from the GAGB Committee this year.

Maple Leaf
2nd September 2017, 03:19 PM
I'm afraid it is just Sharant hosting a CITO from the GAGB Committee this year.

That's a shame - it's not like the date wasn't known well in advance (and a Groundspeak souvenir too).

If the other committee members aren't going to be using their GAGB banners that weekend, could I borrow one to use at my GAGB event?

Maple Leaf
12th September 2017, 08:27 PM
If the other committee members aren't going to be using their GAGB banners that weekend, could I borrow one to use at my GAGB event?

Could I have a Yes or No answer to this please. As if possible, it would need to be posted to me. Thanks