PDA

View Full Version : Question 8: Roles within the Committee

Sharon - Sharant
12th November 2019, 08:03 PM
Do you have any skills and experiences that the GAGB could benefit from, and are there any specific committee roles you would be interested in?

The main committee roles are:
Secretary
Treasurer
Webmaster - Website (php, html, Mailchimp & vBulletin) & New Members Admin
Land owner database (GLAD) - Enquiries, Database Manager & New Agreements
Editor & Publisher of the Seeker Magazine
Communication - emails and phone calls
Social Media - Facebook & Twitter
Shop Manager
Fundraising
Publicity Officer
Events Hosting and talking to people interested in starting geocaching

geocaching womble
12th November 2019, 09:25 PM
That’s a good question Sharon
Thank you for asking,

I have experience of being the GAGB friends teamleader I job in which I took the idea from concept to reality and fully working model.
I enjoyed this and I was effective in this role.

I’ve also been the Geocaching Land Agreements Database Manager and have regularly updated and extended agreements in the last 2 years and ensured the database remains up to date.

This year I also did the Publicity Officers job and although I have enjoyed it however I feel it is something I would excel at in the future.

I also have a background as a forum moderator from my time working for Opencaching UK and I have managed a lot of Facebook groups additionally so I have quite a lot of moderation experience

Due to my time volunteering with the National Trust I have a lot of experience of planning and managing events and running them effectively. So hosting and planning events would be something I could do with ease

So if I were to re-elected I would have a wide number of options

Jennthefunkyranger
12th November 2019, 09:59 PM
Social media, communication and Seeker are areas I would be particularly interested in. I have experience as publicity manager for a society when I was at uni, as well as many years working in a customer service role for which communication is a vital skill.

Whilst I wouldn't be able to take over the brilliant job that has been done so far on Seeker I am more than willing to be a part of this, I have already written several articles for this, and would be more than happy to become a regular writer.

Maattmoo
13th November 2019, 01:56 AM
Do you have any skills and experiences that the GAGB could benefit from, and are there any specific committee roles you would be interested in?

The main committee roles are:
Secretary
Treasurer
Webmaster - Website (php, html, Mailchimp & vBulletin) & New Members Admin
Land owner database (GLAD) - Enquiries, Database Manager & New Agreements
Editor & Publisher of the Seeker Magazine
Communication - emails and phone calls
Social Media - Facebook & Twitter
Shop Manager
Fundraising
Publicity Officer
Events Hosting and talking to people interested in starting geocaching

Hello,
should I be elected, I would feel comfortable in my abilities with any of... Events, Shop, Social Media, Comms, and with support to the other roles...
I would love to be involved in Seeker, as mentioned in that Q thread, I feel all committee should be involved in that.

I don't want to shoot into the top spots as I think it should be earned through experience and feel a more supportive role would be good for the first year, until I find my feet within the GAGB.

happygirlie
13th November 2019, 07:33 AM
To be honest I'm just happy to help wherever I can, I'm not any good at web stuff, but more than happy to help with Facebook, phone calls, seeker and general admin work. I don't feel I need a particular role just happy to support everyone else and offer my assistance where appropriate

richt2000
13th November 2019, 08:08 AM
I'd like to build on the work I did this year for GLAD, taking on the full role. I enjoyed the recent article writing and proof reading of Seeker and have a good eye for detail.

I have run many geocaching events since 2011, attending over 400 so I know how to run a successful event.

Griff Grof
13th November 2019, 09:51 AM
In response to the first part of the question, I’ve outlined the skills I would bring to the next committee on another thread (visit link (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?6239-Question-1-What-skills-can-you-bring-to-the-GAGB&p=83867#post83867)). I have a comprehensive understanding of the workings of the GAGB and, having served for four years, I would bring a wealth of invaluable experience to the table. I would be more than happy to use this to help/support any committee member if ever required.

I would like to continue as Communications Officer (working on social media and our monthly newsletter) if re-elected. I have enjoyed this role, and want to frequently post more engaging material. I would also run a short, optional survey to help improve the content and design of our newsletter.

I would be happy to continue to work on Seeker - either as editor, joint-editor or simply someone who offers support to the editor. I have the skills to help with the design/layout. I feel that my level of involvement would be determined by who else is elected and whether anyone wants to take the reins.

Alternatively, I feel that I would make a good Secretary. I have the experience, organisational skills, discipline and drive to excel in this position. I have not put myself forward in the past as I anticipated that I would have to miss a couple of meetings during my exam period. However, now that I have graduated, I feel that I would be able to attend every meeting, meaning that this is no longer a potential problem. I would enjoy this role.

Again - I accept that, if re-elected, my main role/responsibilities would be influenced by the skills and preferences of others. I must emphasise that I would be happy to share a role and work with others to get things done to good effect.

Saza36
13th November 2019, 10:19 AM
As previously stated - my background is technical. I would however be happy to help out with anything based upon my availability. As I am often abroad (depending upon work) I cannot commit to all and everything [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

border caz
13th November 2019, 05:20 PM
If I am re-elected then I think the Committee would be best served by my continuing as Treasurer, but of course I am happy to help out wherever needed as I have in the past.

Grahamthegray
13th November 2019, 09:27 PM
If i was re-elected to the committee i would like to continue on with the website, but stand down as the Secretary which i had done fore a coupke of years, i found its driven my focus away from making postive changes to the website and concentrating on the firefighting aspect we have had more recently, and it would give me some more time to look at writing articles again for seeker.

Moira Crackers
14th November 2019, 06:22 PM
If I was to be re-elected I would like to continue with the shop, but also with events introducing new people to geocaching. I've also done a fair bit with adding people to the group on social media and monitoring their posts, dwindling out any that shouldn't be there. I don't mind helping out anywhere that is needed.

amberr.merry
15th November 2019, 04:58 PM
Coming in as a more creative eye, I would very much enjoy working on the magazine, photography and social media side of things! Working 2 jobs can be a little difficult in juggling schedules, but I will help out as much as I can and where I will be most useful!