PDA

View Full Version : 2020/2021 Nominations for Committee Members

LadybugKids
16th November 2020, 12:03 AM
Hello GAGB Members:

Nominations for the GAGB Committee for 2020/2021 will be accepted Monday-Friday, 16-20 November 2020. There are a total of eight Committee positions to fill. All GAGB active members at the start of nominations are eligible to nominate another member or second a nomination. Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their nomination in this thread. Please note that the GAGB Constitution states that "5c. Current Executive Members and the Chair shall not take part in nominations, however they may be nominated and may accept the nominations."

This means none of the current Committee members may make a nomination or second a nomination. However, non-Committee members may nominate a standing Committee member or second the Committee member's nomination. The GAGB Constitution also states that any inactive member (a member that has not logged on to the forums for the past three years) may be nominated, but they will not be put forward to election unless they accept their nomination before the acceptance deadline of midnight Saturday, 21 November 2020.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

Candidates for the Committee are requested to send their manifesto, photo (passport style, I can crop the photo for you if you need help) and geocaching avatar (if you have one) to me, Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids), GAGB Independent Returning Officer (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org) by midnight, Saturday, 21 November 2020.

After the nomination period closes, nominee manifestos, photos, and avatars will be posted in a locked ‘Candidates for 2020/2021 Committee Elections' thread as well as on the ballot so you may read about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they will bring to the Committee if elected.

A ‘Committee Candidates (2020/2021) - Q&A’ thread will be open during Sunday-Wednesday, 22-25 November, leading up to the election where Members may ask the Candidates about their GAGB goals. Incoming Committee Chair Arthur Griffins/Griff Grof is going to try something new to encourage participation by coordinating crossposting of the questions between the GAGB Facebook chat group and these GAGB Forums.

If there are more than eight candidates, the Election for the Committee will be held during Thursday-Sunday, 26-29 November 2020, by Surveyhero electronic ballot. More information about the annual elections can be found in the GAGB Constitution (Section N) (https://www.gagb.org.uk/constitution.php).

In the meantime, it is important that you work with your internet service provider (ISP) and set your e-mail filters to white list e-mails coming from the gagb.org.uk, geocachealaska.org and surveyhero.com (which replaces surveymonkey.com for the ballot) domains so you receive election news and the link to your ballot.

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
GAGB Returning Officer

mollyjak
16th November 2020, 08:05 AM
I nominate Dominic Murray for his continued work with the committee.

Maple Leaf
16th November 2020, 08:42 AM
I would like to nominate Sharon (sharant) for the committee. I'm sure Griff Grof will appreciate having her on the committee still to support him during his first year as Chair.

Maple Leaf
16th November 2020, 08:44 AM
I would also like to nominate Caz (Border Caz).

GCHarribo
16th November 2020, 12:38 PM
I would like to second the nomination for Dominic Murray (Geocaching Womble)

TheStowMartians
16th November 2020, 08:14 PM
I would like to nominate Richard Tucker aka Richt2000 to the committee

geocaching womble
16th November 2020, 08:16 PM
I would like to graciously accept my nominations thank you to Mollyjak and GC Harribo for doing so

Bear and Ragged
16th November 2020, 10:28 PM
I would like to nominate Richard Tucker aka Richt2000 to the committee

Second this nomination.

Bear and Ragged
16th November 2020, 10:29 PM
I would also like to nominate Caz (Border Caz).

Happy to second this.

Bear and Ragged
16th November 2020, 10:33 PM
Nominate: Jenn Hill (jennthefunkyranger)

Bear and Ragged
16th November 2020, 10:34 PM
Nominate: Matt Faulkner Collins (maattmoo)

BaCas
16th November 2020, 10:36 PM
I would like to second Sharant

BaCas
16th November 2020, 10:38 PM
Nominate: Matt Faulkner Collins (maattmoo)

I would like to second Matt

BaCas
16th November 2020, 10:39 PM
Nominate: Jenn Hill (jennthefunkyranger)

I second Jenn

border caz
16th November 2020, 10:48 PM
Thank you to Maple Leaf and Bear and Ragged for my nomination, I accept.

Sharon - Sharant
17th November 2020, 11:04 AM
Thank you Maple Leaf and Bear and Ragged for nominating me. I accept the nomination.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Grahamthegray
17th November 2020, 12:41 PM
I nominate Mel Read - Moria Crackers

LadybugKids
18th November 2020, 07:44 AM
About halfway through the nominations window, the following is the current status of candidates standing for election.

Geocaching Womble (Dominic Murray) - nominated, seconded, accepted
BorderCaz (Caroline Turver) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Sharant (Sharon Reid) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Richt2000 (Richard Tucker) - nominated, seconded
jennthefunkyranger (Jenn Hill) - nominated, seconded
maattmoo (Matt Faulkner Collins) - nominated, seconded

Moria Crackers (Mel Read) - nominated

The deadline for nominations and seconds is midnight, Friday, 20 November.

Maple Leaf
18th November 2020, 08:20 AM
I nominate Mel Read - Moria Crackers

I will second this nomination (Mel Read)

Jennthefunkyranger
18th November 2020, 01:19 PM
I second Jenn

Thanks for the nomination and second, I accept this again

Maattmoo
18th November 2020, 08:50 PM
Good evening...
thank you to the nomination and seconding. I have given it a lot of thought this year as it has been a testing time for many of us. I have just recently commenced work in a new and demanding role and feel I need to give myself a chance to settle into the role.

So for this year I feel I regretfully need to withdraw from the committee. But I do hope to remain involved and return to the team in the near future.
I hope that you understand and I wish Arthur and his team a positive and productive year. I know he will be great in his new role as chair and as I mentioned I look forward to being involved again in the near future.

Kindest regards
Matt / Maattmoo

Grahamthegray
19th November 2020, 12:56 PM
i'd like to nominate mmmPIZZA to stand for the committee

BaCas
19th November 2020, 02:40 PM
I would like to nominate Craig Cabbage 187

BaCas
19th November 2020, 02:41 PM

I second mmmPIZZA

mmmPIZZA
19th November 2020, 05:34 PM

I second mmmPIZZA

Thank you both for your nominations. Having being caching for almost nine years, I'm always looking for ways to enjoy this hobby and also make the hobby more enjoyable for everyone from caching veterans to newcomers to the game. I happily accept both of these nominations. :D

Moira Crackers
19th November 2020, 09:33 PM
I would like to thank Grahamthegray and Maple Leaf for the nomination and second, I accept.

Grahamthegray
19th November 2020, 09:38 PM
I would like to second Craig Cabbage 187

Cabbage187
20th November 2020, 12:01 AM
Thank you for the nomination BaCas and for the second Grahamthegrey, I accept and look forward to the challenge

LadybugKids
20th November 2020, 04:50 AM
With about one day left for nominations and seconds, the following is the current status of candidates standing for election.

jennthefunkyranger (Jenn Hill) - nominated, seconded, accepted
mmmPIZZA (Alexander Buswell) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Moria Crackers (Mel Read) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Cabbage187 (Craig) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Richt2000 (Richard Tucker) - nominated, seconded

maattmoo (Matt Faulkner Collins) - nominated, seconded, declined

The deadline for nominations and seconds is midnight, Friday, 20 November 2020. Seconded nominations must be accepted and manifesto, photo, and geocaching avatar must be provided by midnight, Saturday, 21 November 2020.

If fewer than nine nominations are accepted, the election will not go to ballot.

Grahamthegray
20th November 2020, 07:18 PM
Can i also nominate Flowerpot_man, Jonathan Howells

Bear and Ragged
20th November 2020, 07:57 PM
Can i also nominate Flowerpot_man, Jonathan Howells

Second this nomination.

richt2000
20th November 2020, 09:11 PM
I would like to thank TheStowMartians and BearAndRagged for nominating me. I have given it a great deal of thought. I have enjoyed my couple of years on the committee but I don't feel I can commit the time and effort needed at this time.

I wish the 2021 committee all the best and I can help transition for the new GLAD manager

LadybugKids
21st November 2020, 12:12 AM
The period for nominating members to stand for election to the Committee and to second the nominations is now closed.

Seven candidates accepted their nomination and one candidate has been nominated and seconded and needs to accept their nomination by midnight, Saturday, 21 November.

The Committee election will not go to ballot because fewer than nine members were nominated and there are eight openings on the GAGB Committee.

Flowerpot_man, (Jonathan Howells) - nominated, seconded

Richt2000 (Richard Tucker) - nominated, seconded, declined

Many thanks to those who participated in the process. There is a good mix of experienced and new members, which leaves the next year full of possibility.

Flowerpot_man
21st November 2020, 07:18 PM
I would like to thank Grahamthegray and Bear and Ragged for nominating me. I have given it much consideration and I would like to accept.

LadybugKids
21st November 2020, 08:56 PM
With Flowerpot_Man's/Jonathan Howells' acceptance, all GAGB Committee positions are filled. Because exactly eight candidates were nominated and accepted, the election will not go to ballot and I do not need the candidate's manifestos, photos, and avatars. Many thanks to those candidates who sent me their materials ahead of time to give me a head start on setting up the next steps of the process (Q&A and ballot).

Flowerpot_man, (Jonathan Howells) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Richt2000 (Richard Tucker) - nominated, seconded, declined

I hope everyone has a healthy and safe 2021!

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
GAGB Returning Officer