PDA

View Full Version : 2021-2022 Nominations for Committee Members

LadybugKids
15th November 2021, 08:28 AM
Hello GAGB Members:

Nominations for the GAGB Committee for 2021/2022 will be accepted Monday-Friday, 15-19, November 2021. There are a total of eight Committee positions to fill. All GAGB active members at the start of nominations are eligible to nominate another member or second a nomination. Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their nomination in this thread. Please note that the GAGB Constitution states that "5c. Current Executive Members and the Chair shall not take part in nominations, however they may be nominated and may accept the nominations."

This means none of the current Committee members may make a nomination or second a nomination. However, non-Committee members may nominate a standing Committee member or second the Committee member's nomination. The GAGB Constitution also states that any inactive member (a member that has not logged on to the forums for the past three years) may be nominated, but they will not be put forward to election unless they accept their nomination before the acceptance deadline of midnight Saturday, 20 November 2021.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

Candidates for the Committee are requested to send their manifesto, photo (passport style, I can crop the photo for you if you need help) and geocaching avatar (if you have one) to me, Michael Malvick (Ladybug Kids), GAGB Independent Returning Officer (ladybugs@geocachealaska.org) by midnight, Saturday, 20 November 2021.

After the nomination period closes, nominee manifestos, photos, and avatars will be posted in a locked ‘Candidates for 2021/2022 Committee Elections' thread as well as on the ballot so you may read about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they will bring to the Committee if elected.

A ‘Committee Candidates (2021/2022) - Q&A’ thread will be open during Sunday-Wednesday, 21-24 November 2021, leading up to the election where Members may ask the Candidates about their GAGB goals.

If there are more than eight candidates, the Election for the Committee will be held during Thursday-Sunday, 25-28 November 2021, by Surveyhero electronic ballot. More information about the annual elections can be found in the GAGB Constitution (Section N) (https://www.gagb.org.uk/constitution.php).

In the meantime, it is important that you work with your internet service provider (ISP) and set your e-mail filters to white list e-mails coming from the gagb.org.uk, geocachealaska.org and surveyhero.com (which replaces surveymonkey.com for the ballot) domains so you receive election news and the link to your ballot.

At your service,

Michael Malvick/Ladybug Kids
GAGB Returning Officer

geocaching womble
15th November 2021, 08:14 PM
Although Arthur (Griff Groff) is currently unable to continue as chair I would like to nominate for committee if he is willing to stand on the grounds that he is still one of the most dedicated people for the future of the GAGB and I would like to offer him the option to stand if he so wishes

geocaching womble
15th November 2021, 08:20 PM
I would like to nominate Imogen Michel (Imogenmichel) for her recent work and to offer the GAGB fair representation in Scotland. I have been fortunate enough to have worked with her over recent months and I believe that she is exactly what we need for the GAGB’s continued success into the 2020’s and beyond

geocaching womble
15th November 2021, 08:31 PM
I would like to nominate Susannah Bannon (susietirzah) as she has shown a desire to change and engage the entire membership and I genuinely believe that she would be a great asset to the future of the GAGB for ushering in a new era of increased engagement and support and helping develop the future of the association

BaCas
15th November 2021, 08:41 PM
I nominate bordercaz Caz Turver

geocaching womble
15th November 2021, 08:43 PM
I would like to nominate Claire Harris (mxharris) for committee on the grounds that fae has done an amazing job as a regional representative in recent months and I genuinely think that fae deserves the chance to make a genuine difference to the future of the GAGB and help us expand beyond our current realms

geocaching womble
15th November 2021, 08:48 PM
I would like to nominate Elizabeth Williams (Dizzywelshgurl) as a committee member due to her recent work in positively reengaging the Welsh membership base after a number of years of disengagement prior

BaCas
15th November 2021, 09:17 PM
I nominate Jennthefunkyranger Jenn Hill

BaCas
15th November 2021, 09:19 PM
I nominate Moira Crackers Mel read

Caslu26
15th November 2021, 09:21 PM
I second this nomination of Border Caz.

Maple Leaf
15th November 2021, 09:28 PM
Although Arthur (Griff Groff) is currently unable to continue as chair I would like to nominate for committee if he is willing to stand on the grounds that he is still one of the most dedicated people for the future of the GAGB and I would like to offer him the option to stand if he so wishes

I'm happy to second Arthur - if he wishes to stand for committee.

Maple Leaf
15th November 2021, 09:29 PM
I nominate Jennthefunkyranger Jenn Hill

I'll second this nomination for Jennthefunkyrange (Jenn Hill)

Maple Leaf
15th November 2021, 09:30 PM
I nominate Moira Crackers Mel read

I'll second this nomination - for Mel Read (Moira Crackers)

grizzly pair
15th November 2021, 09:32 PM
I would like to second Mel Read and Jenn Hill. if not already seconded.

grizzly pair
15th November 2021, 09:34 PM
I would like to propose Craig Davidge and Alexander Buswell to the committee.

Rooting Reuben
15th November 2021, 09:37 PM
I second Alex and craig

BaCas
15th November 2021, 09:44 PM
I second Arthur

mollyjak
15th November 2021, 09:56 PM
I second Imogen Michel (Imogenmichel)

mollyjak
15th November 2021, 09:58 PM
I second Susannah Bannon

mollyjak
15th November 2021, 10:00 PM
I second Claire Harris

mollyjak
15th November 2021, 10:01 PM
I second Elizabeth Williams

border caz
15th November 2021, 10:07 PM
I would like to thank BaCas for nominating me and Caslu26 for seconding that nomination.

I confirm that I accept and am happy to stand.

Moira Crackers
15th November 2021, 10:20 PM
I would like to thank BaCas for my nomination and both Maple Leaf and grizzly pair for seconding the nomination.

I confirm that I accept and happy to stand for the upcoming year.

Jennthefunkyranger
15th November 2021, 10:24 PM
Thank you BaCas for the nomination, and Maple Leaf and Grizzly Pair for seconding me, I am happy to accept this nomination

Cabbage187
15th November 2021, 10:28 PM
I would like to thank grizzly pair and Rooting Reuben for the nomination and seconded, I accept this nomination.

Mxharris
16th November 2021, 12:08 AM
Thank you for the nomination and second, I'm delighted people thought of me. I would like to accept the nomination

LadybugKids
16th November 2021, 03:53 AM
After a spirited first day of nominating, seconding, and accepting, the following is the current status of candidates standing for election.

border caz (Caz Turver) - nominated, seconded, accepted
mxharris (Claire Harris) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Jennthefunkyranger (Jenn Hill) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Moira Crackers (Mel Read) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Cabbage187 (Craig Davidge) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Griff Groff (Arthur Griffiths) - nominated, seconded
Imogenmichel (Imogen Michel) - nominated, seconded
susietirzah (Susannah Bannon) - nominated, seconded
Dizzywelshgurl (Elizabeth Williams) - nominated, seconded
(Alexander Buswell) - nominated, seconded

Please do not hesitate to let me know if I missed a post and the status is incorrect.

ImogenMichel
18th November 2021, 05:11 PM
Thank you very much to the people who nominated and seconded me - it is really nice to know that my small efforts over the last few months have been appreciated! However I have decided to decline the nomination as my partner and I are about to make some big life changes over the next 12 months and I would like to concentrate my reduced volunteering time that I have available on the other organisations I am involved with and causes that I am passionate about.

All the best to those standing.

susietirzah
18th November 2021, 05:59 PM
Thank you so much for the nomination and for being seconded. However I am really enjoying being a regional rep alongside my team in the Southwest, so for the time being I would like to concentrate my efforts on that. I would definitely look to joining the committee in the future but I would like to gain some more experience in this role first. Once again, many thanks, good luck to all!

LadybugKids
19th November 2021, 08:11 AM
Below is the current status going into the final hours of nominations. Nominations are open until midnight tonight.

Jennthefunkyranger (Jenn Hill) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo

mmmPIZZA (Alexander Buswell) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Griff Groff (Arthur Griffiths) - nominated, seconded
Dizzywelshgurl (Elizabeth Williams) - nominated, seconded

Imogenmichel (Imogen Michel) - nominated, seconded, declined
susietirzah (Susannah Bannon) - nominated, seconded, declined

Six nominations have been accepted, two have been declined, and two are still awaiting a response from the nominee.

There will not be an election unless more than eight nominations are accepted.

mmmPIZZA
19th November 2021, 11:20 AM
I'd like to thank those who nominated me and those who seconded me. After a lot of thinking over the last couple of days, I've made the decision to stand for a second year and hopefully improve on the work I did over my first year. So I'm more than happy to accept the nomination. :)

Alexander

Dizzywelshgurl
19th November 2021, 10:15 PM
Thank you to those who nominated/seconded the nomination. This side of Geocaching is all new to me but I am willing to give it a go and accept the nomination.

Griff Grof
19th November 2021, 11:15 PM
Many thanks to Geocaching Womble for nominating me, and Maple Leaf (and Caslu26) for seconding me.

As I have said elsewhere, I am sad to be stepping down as Chair. I have had a think and feel that, if I take on a less time-demanding role, I will be able to remain on the committee to make up the numbers and support Chris if needed.

I hereby accept the nomination.

LadybugKids
20th November 2021, 12:36 AM
The nominating period for 2021-2022 GAGB Committee Members is now closed.

Jennthefunkyranger (Jenn Hill) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo
mmmPIZZA (Alexander Buswell) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Griff Groff (Arthur Griffiths) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Dizzywelshgurl (Elizabeth Williams) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Imogenmichel (Imogen Michel) - nominated, seconded, declined
susietirzah (Susannah Bannon) - nominated, seconded, declined

Of the ten nominations received, eight were accepted, and two were declined.

Because only eight nominations were accepted and there are eight committee member positions available, there will not be an election. The new Committee Members will join 2021-2023 GAGB Committee Chair Chris Carpenter/Saza36 to lead GAGB into the future.

Many thanks to everyone who participated in the process to select the next Committee!

Griff Grof
20th November 2021, 11:03 AM
Congrats everyone.

I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to Mike for being our Returning Officer this year. It's greatly appreciated.