PDA

View Full Version : "Blanket Permissions"

Mrs Blorenge
15th January 2007, 10:59 AM
Could I just ask for some clarification, please?

I've never needed to place a cache in an area which already has a Major Land Owner Agreement already in place. If I wanted to put a cache on e.g. Gloucestershire County Council Land, would I just submit a cache report in the usual way to the Reviewers and simply state in the notes that I would like it placed "under the MLO agreement" or would I still be required to contact GCC myself first, to let them know exactly where I wanted to place the cache and so get their "OK, that'll be fine".

Bill D (wwh)
15th January 2007, 11:06 AM
Every agreement is different - see the details in the database for the area in question.

With your example of GCC, you would need to contact the warden, whose email address is in the agreement, and get his permission first before placing the cache and submitting it to gc.com.

The Wombles
15th January 2007, 07:19 PM
Most agreements require specific permission before placement which avoids placement of a cache on a part of a site which is sensitive / inappropriate. However, generic permissions make the process simple and you know that you are likely to get permission for individual caches.

I negotiated the GCC permission and the Head Warden was very helpful.

Mrs Blorenge
15th January 2007, 07:32 PM
Some while back I recall you were trying to get a MLO agreement from Monmouthshire County Council: Any news on that one, please?

The Wombles
15th January 2007, 09:26 PM
Mrs B - This one has gone cold and I'll try giving them a push. I had spoken to three different departments, but they hadn't come to any conclusion. I'll try again.

lost it
16th January 2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by The Wombles@Jan 15 2007, 09:26 PM
Mrs B - This one has gone cold

buy them a blanket Mrs B