PDA

View Full Version : British Tea Drinking

Mrs Blorenge
16th January 2007, 01:44 PM
After seeing Nobby's post on the Joke thread about the PG Tips adverts I thought this would be a valuable piece of research, so put the kettle on, get out your dunking biscuits and give this survey your consideration. http://forum.mambo-foundation.org/images/smilies/tea.gif

Tiger-Eyes
16th January 2007, 02:16 PM
I'm a bung a teabag in a mug person and put my milk in after it's brewed:P
if I'm making tea for more than 2 then the teapot comes out and I make a PROPER cup of tea with milk in first :D
Today after getting thoughly soaked whilst caching it was definately bung in a teabag :lol:

nobbynobbs
16th January 2007, 08:31 PM
used to be milk in last but i'm dairy free these days. so either black or rice milk in after.

and lets not forget the sugar :D

KathyXB
16th January 2007, 11:30 PM
Only one vote option though...what if I like Earl grey, milk in last, no sugar, but also like herbal bags depending on my mood (or caffeine requirement)?

Anyway the best brew is when someone else makes it for you :) Especially without even needing to be asked! x

Roving Rangies
17th January 2007, 08:59 AM
Tea along with coffee should be banned...horrible stuff!

zaphod b
17th January 2007, 09:37 AM
Tea is why coffee was invented.

nobbynobbs
17th January 2007, 12:19 PM
tea and coffee were only invented to give you something to drink when it's too early to open a bottle of wine..... you know that dead time between 8am and 8:15
:lol:

t.a.folk
17th January 2007, 05:50 PM
Buck Rabbit here, Hate the taste of tea. I was put off when I was an apprentice, so “thick” you could have used it for tarmac.!!

t.a.folk
17th January 2007, 07:58 PM
Black tea with milk in 2nd and no sugar .

Green tea and red tea without milk or sugar .

Doe rabbit .

Mrs Blorenge
18th January 2007, 08:46 PM
I didn't know you could get red tea. :huh:

nobbynobbs
19th January 2007, 05:48 AM
have you never been to a fortune teller? :lol: :lol:

Roving Rangies
19th January 2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Jan 19 2007, 05:48 AM
have you never been to a fortune teller? :lol: :lol:
Thats RUST!!!

Tiger-Eyes
19th January 2007, 02:22 PM
looks like the mif's win :D

hope no-ones miffed ;)

guiderchachi
3rd February 2007, 08:43 PM
My dad grew up in Morecambe. For him and mom its milk in first. For me its dunk a bag and milk in after! Of course, what is really important and what you are all forgetting is the cookie you dunk in the tea for full enjoymant!

Happy dunking!
Guiderchachi

Matrix
3rd February 2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by The Nutters@Jan 16 2007, 02:16 PM
I'm a bung a teabag in a mug person and put my milk in after it's brewed:P
if I'm making tea for more than 2 then the teapot comes out and I make a PROPER cup of tea with milk in first :D

Same here :ph34r:

Bill D (wwh)
3rd February 2007, 09:51 PM
Teabag and sugar in first, then the water, then the milk last. Only in the afternoons and early evenings though - in the mornings it's coffee for me. And later evenings it's beer. Or whisky. Or both... :ph34r: :P :lol:

And thinking drink, I'm starting a related poll... :)

nobbynobbs
4th February 2007, 06:19 AM
have we done a favourite biscuit thread yet? ;) :lol:

Alice Band
7th February 2007, 10:33 AM
Bleeerugh! Tea!

I'm a coffee gal myself and for those of you who like to be bored to death I have done research in the history of tea and coffee in the UK and *gasp* even have a website about it. Did you know the the British introduced Coffee to the Americans?

Its interesting to note that people prefer to put milk in afterwards - when I make tea for people I put it in first. Thanks to MrsB's extensive research I shall now switch :D

Shhhh! Dont tell anyone but I have been known to drink green tea.....

garfiethecat
9th January 2009, 02:32 PM
I always put the milk in last after the tea has been left to stew a bit and get nice and strong

jacobite
14th January 2009, 05:33 PM
I always put the milk in last after the tea has been left to stew a bit and get nice and strong

That's the way I do it.

uktim
14th January 2009, 05:42 PM
That's the way I do it.

You put the milk in the pot :confused: