PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmmmm

keehotee
9th April 2007, 05:38 PM
N = C + {fb (cm) . fb (tc)} + fb (Ts) + fc . ta, where N=force in Newtons required to break the cooked bacon, fb=function of the bacon type, fc=function of the condiment/filling effect, Ts=serving temperature, tc=cooking time, ta=time or duration of application of condiment/filling, cm=cooking method, C=Newtons required to break uncooked bacon.

According to scientists (????) at the Department of Food Science at Leeds University this is the formula for a perfect bacon sarnie.
( Scientists' 'perfect' bacon butty (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/6538643.stm) )

I can't believe four researchers spent more than 1,000 hours testing 700 variations on the traditional bacon sandwich - AND DIDN'T PUT A RUNNY FRIED EGG IN THERE..!!!!!!! Heathens!!!!!!!

Mrs Blorenge
9th April 2007, 10:13 PM
:D :D :lol:

"C=Newtons required to break uncooked bacon."

What? :blink:

...my cooked bacon will break... if I make it crispy enough. :unsure:

t.a.folk
10th April 2007, 09:35 AM
They forgot the tomato sauce ! :o

cacherelle
10th April 2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by keehotee@Apr 9 2007, 05:38 PM

I can't believe four researchers spent more than 1,000 hours testing 700 variations on the traditional bacon sandwich - AND DIDN'T PUT A RUNNY FRIED EGG IN THERE..!!!!!!! Heathens!!!!!!!
Nor the brown sauce!! SLLLUURRRRP! :P

EEEEEK :o what am I talking about..........................I'm a vegetarian!! :blink: :blink:

nobbynobbs
10th April 2007, 08:20 PM
a VEGGIE!!!!! how do you get the energy to get out caching? :lol:

and any veggie is just one whiff of a bacon sarnie from coming back to the real world.

mine always used to be bacon and mushrooms with brown sauce.. but only because you could guarenttee that the egg would drip all over the uniform otherwise.

LOL

cacherelle
13th April 2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Apr 10 2007, 08:20 PM
a VEGGIE!!!!! how do you get the energy to get out caching? :lol:

LMAO derrrr why do you think I only go out with toyboys!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KathyXB
13th April 2007, 07:19 PM
Vivien I think you may have a contender! Get the pair of you together and Lost It would have a field day :lol:

Alice Band
13th April 2007, 09:31 PM
Mmmmmmm grilled crunchy bacon *drool*

Mind you, I like some beef jerky on the caching trail too :ph34r:

nobbynobbs
14th April 2007, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Alice Band@Apr 13 2007, 09:31 PM

Mind you, I like some beef jerky on the caching trail too :ph34r:
doesn't make you a bad person! :lol: and what you get up to is your own business ;)

Alice Band
17th April 2007, 05:09 PM
:huh: :blink: :o :D

nobbynobbs
17th April 2007, 09:32 PM
i got an unexpected bacon breakfast this morning, well there was a tray of it going spare so i felt the need to relieve some of the weight on the tray :D well i earned it today looking after some kids :o

nobbynobbs
12th May 2007, 05:03 AM
i thought there was something missing from this equation....

they forgot to add in the extra value for when it is made by someone else. somehow a fried breakfast or bacon sarnie always tastes better if you didn't make it. ( even better if away from home and no need to think about the washing up) :D

Alice Band
12th May 2007, 03:01 PM
And a good bacon sarnie has been the downfall of many a vegetarian. I love crispy bacon sarnies myself.... B)