PDA

View Full Version : How about Northants/Bucks/Beds?

milvus-milvus
23rd April 2007, 11:09 AM
Could even extend to Oxon too, perhaps. NOBBs for short... :o ;)
Messe? Roger? TAG? TFB? zensunni? Anyone?

Alice Band
23rd April 2007, 02:59 PM
Wouldn't Northants come under the umbrella of the East Midlands, such as Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Warwickshire? :ph34r:

milvus-milvus
2nd May 2007, 10:53 PM
I think that's always going to be a problem with regional forums - where do you draw the dividing lines? I live in Northants, which borders with many of the counties mentioned above - but I tend to do my non-Northants caching mainly in Bucks - so that's where I know most fellow cachers, and feels like my "caching home". Leics/Warks are not much further away - but I'm not sure I've found a cache in either of those counties. But I can quite understand how someone living in Market Harborough for example (to pick an almost entirely random town!) might consider Leics/Northants home - and wouldn't have much interest in Bucks caches. This is all starting to ramble a bit, so I'll shut up (soon). :ph34r: Perhaps we should stick to a UK-wide forum after all... especially since I've only just got back to the thread I started over a week ago :rolleyes:

nobbynobbs
3rd May 2007, 05:52 AM
at the end of the day the regional forums are going to be there for all to use as they see fit. not like you'll be banned for talking in the wrong one!!! :lol:

they will be just rough geographic areas, could just as easily just number them 1-10 and you pick any one to chat in..... :lol:

Alice Band
3rd May 2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by milvus-milvus@May 2 2007, 09:53 PM
I think that's always going to be a problem with regional forums - where do you draw the dividing lines? I live in Northants, which borders with many of the counties mentioned above - but I tend to do my non-Northants caching mainly in Bucks - so that's where I know most fellow cachers, and feels like my "caching home". Leics/Warks are not much further away - but I'm not sure I've found a cache in either of those counties. But I can quite understand how someone living in Market Harborough for example (to pick an almost entirely random town!) might consider Leics/Northants home - and wouldn't have much interest in Bucks caches. This is all starting to ramble a bit, so I'll shut up (soon). :ph34r: Perhaps we should stick to a UK-wide forum after all... especially since I've only just got back to the thread I started over a week ago :rolleyes:
Good point. I can feel a bit schizophrenic with regions as I have rarely cached 'next door' in Nottingham but a lot in Northampton, Warks and Bucks. Perhaps a more generic 'East Midlands' and 'West Midlands' might do the trick?