PDA

View Full Version : Paperless caching

Moonraker Team
7th May 2007, 08:14 PM
I have actually 2 questions, the first prompted by another member, I was squareturns but I changed ages ago to Moonraker Team, I must have forgot to change here, how do I change that please?
My second question is I am searching for an Idiots Guide to paperless caching
I use Cachemate to download to my Garmin, easy, managed that.
My problem is how do I load the cache description into my Palm E2?
PLUS
I can't count either, anybody know how to download Memory Map into the Palm without having to buy loads of software.
If you do know the answer please 'keep it simple' cos I'm just a simple man.
Cheers.

keehotee
7th May 2007, 10:58 PM
Hmmmmm - sell the Palm on ebay and buy yourself a pocket pc - all problems solved.......

mwhahahahahhaha

Bill D (wwh)
8th May 2007, 12:34 PM
squareturns wrote:
I have actually 2 questions, the first prompted by another member, I was squareturns but I changed ages ago to Moonraker Team, I must have forgot to change here, how do I change that please?
Just post here to confirm that you want to be "Moonraker Team" and I'll change it for you.

---
Bill, Chairman GAGB

Moonraker Team
8th May 2007, 02:49 PM
I can confirm I 'hunt' now as Moonraker Team
Thanks

Bill D (wwh)
8th May 2007, 06:40 PM
Done. :)

redtalut
22nd May 2007, 08:19 PM
I can't count either, anybody know how to download Memory Map into the Palm without having to buy loads of software

Hi Moonraker team

When i was browsing for a new toy on Global Positioning Systems site the other day including a OS landranger map i found a free map loader at the bottom of the listing ;- landranger map (http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/memory-map-v5-os-landranger-150000-standard-edition-regional-cd-description.html) seems it will load from a landranger cd/dvd and then upload to your GPS or palm pc. also on the bottom of another page there is a copy of Microsoft activesync to synchronise you pda and your pc ;- pda listing info at bottom of page (http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/mio-p550-description.html).
I have not played with active sync yet but memorymap OS seems to work ok , not used either properly yet as waiting for big boys toy to arrive. :applause:
hope this helps,
Redtalut (Brian) :cheers:

Moonraker Team
1st July 2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for that,cheers