Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Mrs Blorenge@Mar 22 2007, 09:44 PM
    Hello cacherelle

Welcome, come in, put your feet up...
    we're "mostly harmless".
    Hey thanks Mrs Blorenge, don't worry I'm used to much sterner stuff than I've seen on here You all seem dead nice, which is cool B)

LOL sorry for posting 3 seperate times, not bumping up the post count - honest! I've got really used to a multi-quote button and out of practice :unsure:

nobbynobbs Guest

the more the merrier, and post as many times as you want. there's no rules on that.

heck there's no real rules at all. :P

somehow i don't picture you as a wolf!!!! :lol:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Mar 23 2007, 04:42 AM

somehow i don't picture you as a wolf!!!! :lol:
    Ohhhhhhhh right.........ermmm I don&#39;t think I wanna KNOW what you picture me as&#33;&#33; <_<

No rules you say........................................... Muh ha ha

Alice Band Guest

Its OK, Nobby is just the bar staff around here

Welcome to the forums We are mostly a quiet bunch, you wont hear much of us at all. Quiet as mice, us.....*cough*

nobbynobbs Guest

that&#39;s me , happy to stand polishing glasses and listening to your troubles. just picture me in cocktail&#33;&#33; somehow doesn&#39;t work does it B)

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Alice Band@Mar 24 2007, 02:20 PM
    Its OK, Nobby is just the bar staff around here

Welcome to the forums We are mostly a quiet bunch, you wont hear much of us at all. Quiet as mice, us.....*cough*
    LOL thanks for the welcome, he&#39;s a bit slow at serving isn&#39;t he...................been here a couple of days now and STILL waiting for a drink

nobbynobbs Guest

hey wait your turn&#33; and no id no drinks&#33; :lol: are you sure you&#39;re old enough to be at the bar?

can it be helped that i work better at sstupid o&#39;clock... you&#39;d get served that much quicker if you wanted a drink about now...

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Mar 25 2007, 05:12 AM
    hey wait your turn&#33; and no id no drinks&#33; :lol: are you sure you&#39;re old enough to be at the bar?

can it be helped that i work better at sstupid o&#39;clock... you&#39;d get served that much quicker if you wanted a drink about now...
    Firstly, I&#39;m probably older than the bar itself :P

Secondly, didn&#39;t you realise the clocks changed, you didn&#39;t have to up so obscenely early&#33; :lol: :P :P :P

Alice Band Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Mar 24 2007, 09:40 PM
    just picture me in cocktail&#33;&#33;
    :

An alternative image of Deeta von Teese springs to mind, but a scarier version...

keehotee Guest

QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ Mar 24 2007, 09:40 PM)
    just picture me in cocktail&#33;&#33;
    Sorry Matt - I know I promised I&#39;d never tell - but your saturday night outfit just wouldn&#39;t stay under wraps.......

nobbynobbs Guest

:lol: :lol: :

BelcherClan Guest

[SIZE=7] Hello, just thought drop by, im a newbie to caching, just brought a Zybstar gps and still learning how to use it LOL :wacko:

nobbynobbs Guest

glad to have you as part of the addiction.

Just a line to say hello. Have tried to sign up for these forums in the past but the registration process never seemed to work….Well now I’m in

Andy

Chaotica_UK Guest

Just thought I would post a quick Hello to everybody. Im a recent defector from the &#39;other&#39; less friendy forum. I re-registered under Chaotica_UK before I realised I had actually previously registered under Chaotica, so if anybody has the power to delete my "Chaotica" profile that would be great, I wont be using it again.

Thanks
    Mark

moote01 Guest

Well it is about 2 years since I frequented here; many will know me, the newer members might worry about my post, but I&#39;m sure that the GAGB committee will be their usual high standard selves and tell me if I&#39;m a bad lad

<<< Waves at everyone over here on the GAGB forums. Now where&#39;s the bar.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Originally posted by Chaotica_UK@Apr 26 2008, 11:01 AM
    Just thought I would post a quick Hello to everybody. Im a recent defector from the &#39;other&#39; less friendy forum. I re-registered under Chaotica_UK before I realised I had actually previously registered under Chaotica, so if anybody has the power to delete my "Chaotica" profile that would be great, I wont be using it again.

Thanks
    Mark
    Your wish is our command

Chaotica_UK Guest

Originally posted by Admin+Apr 26 2008, 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Admin @ Apr 26 2008, 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chaotica_UK@Apr 26 2008, 11:01 AM

Thanks
    Mark
    Your wish is our command [/b][/quote]
    Thanks very much&#33; :halo:

nobbynobbs Guest

The bar? What ?Can&#39;t you hear the noise?

:cheers: opcorn:

Good to see you all.

Good morning,

New to your forum.....We are a Canadian military family and it looks like we will be posted to the UK for 4 years, sometime this summer.

Looks like we will be looking for a place in Huntingdon. Any cachers in that neck of the woods?

Cheers,

JLAM-D
    Jeff, Louise, Alexander, Maeghan and Don

I don&#39;t personaly know any cachers in Huntingdon but you can always pop into the east anglian cachers forum as I know there are a few from cambridgeshire in there

Originally posted by Tiger&#045;Eyes@Apr 29 2008, 02:18 PM
    I don&#39;t personaly know any cachers in Huntingdon but you can always pop into the east anglian cachers forum as I know there are a few from cambridgeshire in there
    Thanks for the link.....

Will check things out.

Cheers,

Jeff

Originally posted by JLAM&#045;D+Apr 29 2008, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JLAM&#045;D &#064; Apr 29 2008, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tiger&#045;Eyes@Apr 29 2008, 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the link.....

Will check things out.

Cheers,

Jeff [/b][/quote]
    Can&#39;t post just yet....account not validated.

Thanks again for the link.

Cheers,

Jeff

Olmeca Guest

Thumbs up Red Lion Pub

This is just a hello and a show of support to all those who have stood up for the UK way of living.

Lets all meet at the Red Lion Pub. You choose which of the over 900 you want to meet in. I'm sure they will thank us for the advertisement!

Summer is here so hopefully we'll be doing more geocaching then being inside complaining about idiotic unnecessary changes to a game we enjoy.

Richie_EB4 Guest

Well im back.......had a few family problems but things are on the up......dusted off the gps and im off again.

Its good to be back

nobbynobbs Guest

great to have you back

Rendulina Guest

Cool another rookie

Hi all, I am completely new here but cant wait to start Does anyone of you know about some caches in the North East of England???

Renda

molfrew-mosstoad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rendulina View Post
    Hi all, I am completely new here but cant wait to start Does anyone of you know about some caches in the North East of England???

Renda
    Hello & welcome to the forum. Pull up a keyboard and make yourself at home. Im sure someone form the NE will be a long shortly with some suggestions.

Richie_EB4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rendulina View Post

Renda
    Me.....i live here .......what is your location ?

Exclamation

You can do a search for caches on GC by Post Code https://www.geocaching.com/seek/

Just enter your full post code in the by Zip Code search box, and it will return a list of the nearest caches from that Post Code ordered by distance, nearest first
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Rendulina Guest

Thanks for nice welcome and for the website, I will check it out

Oh by the way Richie EB4 I am from Newcastle and will be here at least till September as it is when I finish my uni (finally ). Where are you based?

Richie_EB4 Guest

Im in redcar......just down the coast.

Default Still learning

Still fumbling my way around and geo world and stumbled across the GAGB forum so signed up.

I may break into double figures this weekend:cheers:

Welcome Watford Wobble pull up a chair, enjoy the beer :cheers: and chill :socool:

HarvardTaylor Guest

Can't believe I'm approaching my 200 and have onlyjust discovered the forum. I'll probably bimble around here for a while!

nobbynobbs Guest

Feel free, that's what we're here for

Fianccetto Guest

Hi, I can't see a 'hello newby alert' thread anywhere, so I hope here will do! Greetings from the very snowy Forest of Dean. Hi to everybody.

We're a family who are completely new to geocaching, so please be gentle! We've got the makings of a cache but have no idea where to hide it yet, and our GPS is in the post. Looking forward to looking for local geocaches as soon as we get it, and going from there.

Oh, and a big thank you to everyone who has added info to the site, negotiated with landowners and done other legwork on behalf of geocaching. All much appreciated, looks like a mammoth task!

Hello Fianccetto, welcome

We (The Blorenges) are not that far away from you - we're near Chepstow. I hope you'll enjoy your geocaching experiences. There's an event coming up in Yate soon which you might be interested in:

"Faces to names" event.

nobbynobbs Guest

good to have you here, feel free to ask for any help you need, some one will know the answer!

Hi Fianccetto, Welcome to the forum, and the hobby.
    If there's anything you need to know, just ask, we'll be happy to help.
    It's always refreshing to hear someone say "thank you" (one hundred brownie points for you)
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk

Fianccetto Guest

Thanks Mrs. Blorenge, Col. Nobby Nobbs and jacobite for the welcome.

Great that there's some local cachers here, thanks for the heads up on the Yate event, can't make it unfortunately, but will hopefully meet up some time in the not too distant future!

Still haven't got our GPS, partly due to it taking so long to get here and partly due to me then changing my mind about what to get! I do have a question or two but will see if the info is on here already first.

I think we're going to like geocaching a lot.

Brownie points, hmmm... can they be cached?

mousey1403 Guest

Hey everyone!

I'm Kevin, I live in Ayrshire, Scotland.

I've been into caching since April of last year. I mainly stick to the Scottish forums, but after a topic arose regarding the GAGB I decided i's stick my head in for a look

Quote Originally Posted by mousey1403 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I've been into caching since April of last year. I mainly stick to the Scottish forums, but after a topic arose regarding the GAGB I decided i's stick my head in for a look

Hi Kevin, welcome

We let in folks from north of the border, west of the other border, random Europeans and even those from further afield

Fianccetto Guest

Hi Mousey,

I've only been here a few days more than you, but welcome from me too!

Hey everyone!

Hi Kevin

I saw you register, and wondered if you were the same Mousey from those Scottish forums. Welcome to GAGB, and as Mrs B says, all are welcome here. Pull up a chair, put your feet in the hearth, n have a good read!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

mousey1403 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    Hi Kevin

I saw you register, and wondered if you were the same Mousey from those Scottish forums. Welcome to GAGB, and as Mrs B says, all are welcome here. Pull up a chair, put your feet in the hearth, n have a good read!
    Hi and thanks for the welcome.

It was actually your post that prompted me to sign up Bill, you came across as a really nice guy. I decided that was enough to warrant a visit.

It was actually your post that prompted me to sign up Bill, you came across as a really nice guy. I decided that was enough to warrant a visit.

And here's me thinking it was my post that done it
    Welcome Kev, glad you popped in to say hello.
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk

:cheers: :socool:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

mousey1403 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jacobite View Post
    And here's me thinking it was my post that done it
    Welcome Kev, glad you popped in to say hello.
    Awwww, I think you're great too