Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Greetings from the USA!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SerenityNow Guest

Hi,
    We are geocachers in Ohio and just found this forum so I thought I'd introduce us!
    My husband and I are known as SerenityNow and began caching in December of 2002 in hip deep snow during one of our worst winters ever. We fell in love with this wonderful sport and have been avid cachers ever since. We even got our daughter and son-in-law, Finding Fraggle Rock, involved nearly as early as we did.

The sport has taken us all over the to areas we might never have visited otherwise! We have cached in many states, Canada, and the Bahamas. Everywhere we go, we cache. In fact, we seem to plan vacations around caching now.

Each year we, SerenityNow and Finding Fraggle Rock, host an event in Northeast Ohio that has drawn folks from all over the USA, Canada, and the UK. If any of you are headed to the US, we'd love to have you join us for it! I'm going to post two more pieces of info so you can check it out. One is the event announcement and the other is the Geocoin announcement. We have had several folks from the UK purchase these coins and since we know many of you are avid coin collectors I though I'd post that too!

We love reading about caching all over the world and hope to visit these forums often. Though we were in the UK long before we were geocachers, we hope to someday visit again and see the country from a geocaching perspective! Heaven knows how many wonderful places we will discover!!

Happy caching!
    Anna Mary & Tom
    SerenityNow

nobbynobbs Guest

welcome to the site. i have a slight feeling that it is only as a marketing exercise that you've posted here......but if i'm wrong then i apologise.

SerenityNow Guest

Actually, I've tried before to find a UK sight for geocaching as we often read other area's boards. No offense taken. I do understand how it could just look like marketing but it isn't. We really have had folks come across the pond for our events and it's been great!!

nobbynobbs Guest

no problem hope that you enjoy our rambling chats :lol: feel free to jump in and join in with any of them.

Alice Band Guest

Would love to attend American events but my lottery ticket hasnt come up Unless you know of a sugar daddy who would sponsor my flight over? :lol: :lol:

Hope your event goes well

nobbynobbs Guest

we need to get richard branson into caching, then he could fly us over cheaply :lol: