Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The "Official" nominations list

Nominations are now closed
    The candidates have been asked to prepare a
    Manifesto for members to read.

The caretaking committee did not really want to start the nominations for committee until the Chair nominations thread had had ample time to establish itself and gather a few candidates.

Thanks to Chris and Maria for getting things underway, but it is time some control was exercised here. The following list is constructed from posts on this thread.

If there are more accepted nominations for "Chair", the losers will be added to the list below under "Nominations Accepted", unless the nominee declines.

Current Status of Nominations List (in alphabetical order)
    Correct as of: Sep 2 2003, 08:08 AM
    • Pending Acceptance
      • Lance Ambu
      • Postie

Nominations Accepted
      • Kouros
      • Lost in Space
      • MCL
      • Paul Blitz
      • Pharisee
      • Team Paradise
      • Team Tate
      • Teasel
      • The Wombles

Nominations Declined
      • Chris and Maria
      • DodgyDavid
      • El10t
      • jstead
      • Merman
      • Moss Trooper
      • Omally
      • Richard and Beth
      • SimonG
      • The Bramblers
      • The Cat
      • The Hornet

Non-Qualifying Nominations (ie. non members etc)
      • Mollinis Crew
      • Nawtcher

Please post your nominations/aceptances/refusals in this thread.

Thank you

MCL Guest

After careful consideration, I am happy to accept Ian's nomination for a committee post.

..and 24 hours early too!

Furthermore, I woudl like to nominate SimonG to a committee post, as I think he has talents which GAGB are going to need. Plus he's a damn fine chap.

Omally Guest

Originally posted by MCL@Jul 31 2003, 12:44 AM
    After careful consideration, I am happy to accept Ian's nomination for a committee post.

..and 24 hours early too!

Furthermore, I woudl like to nominate SimonG to a committee post, as I think he has talents which GAGB are going to need. Plus he's a damn fine chap.
    Good on you MCL for accepting the nomination.
    As for SimonG: well, I've already seconded Lance Ambu and proposed Kouros, so I suppose I can't second again? Well, never mind. I'm sure someone will be along to second you soon (and the sooner the better say I&#33.

We just need some more nominations for chair now... h34r:

sonya :-) Guest

I'll second SimonG soon...

Heck, I'll do it now!

SimonG Guest

Thanks for the nomination and seconding chaps, but I fear I must decline. Short of giving up sleep altogether, which would be a major inconvenience, I don't think I have enough time to do it properly. In any case, all the other nominations are fine people who would be far better suited to serve than I. I'd be happy to see any of them represent me.

Sorry if I have appeared to have missed something on a thread, but I am just wondering what is going to happen AFTER the 11th August. By then I assume that we will have elected a Chair and will have collated the nominations for committee.
    Do the nominees now have to present themselves forward for election & the 'public' then vote on who they would like to join the committee?
    Just enquiring as we are going away from tomorrow & won't be back on-line until the 17th August and don't won't to miss being able to present ourselves

Don't worry, the Chair election will run for three weeks anyway.
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

Hi Guys,

Gosh, and I am sure someone has said it before, I go away for a fortnights caching holiday and look what happens.

I spent an incredibly pleasant evening, lasty Tuesday, sat on the banks of the North Tyne, consuming several measures of an amber liquid in the great company of Moss T and Mrs Moss T.

The events of around July 30th came up. As a result of our discussions Moss and I agreed that it would be sensible of me to withdraw from the election, sort of take a geocaching Chiltern Hundred, because of the Cof I issue.

Having now tried to make head or tail of the discussions on both the GC.com and GAGB forums relating to these issues, and to the issue of what are rules and what are guidelines and what is sensible and what is not, I have revised my viewpoint.

I am not going to withdraw because of the C of I issue, but because I am obviously too politically naive to be of any use to anyone in such an important committee position. There are far more of you out there, with a far stronger grasp, both politically and philosophically, of the complex issues involved.

Thank you, those of you who suggested me for the post, but I regret that I no longer wish to be considered for such a responsible position.

I look forward to continue to find your lunch boxes and have a smile at some of the logs of people who find mine.

Take Care all and cache well,

Dave

The Hornet Guest

I&#39;ve struggled for a while on how to start this note and not being able to come up with anything suitable here goes anyway....

I&#39;m withdrawing my nomination from the committee election.

Why? Well something has come up chez Hornet which prevents me from devoting the time necessary to making the committee work (should I have been elected&#33;&#33. I&#39;m a great believer in thinking that if you do something you should do it properly and I would be unhappy knowing that I wasn&#39;t doing my best for the other members. I guess I could have given it a go and then resigned if it didn&#39;t work out. But that would have been unfair on the other candidates (again, should I have been elected), so I&#39;m withdrawing now to minimise inconvenience.

Please don&#39;t get the wrong idea, I will continue to support whoever gets elected and I&#39;m certainly not giving up Geocaching - after all, as a couple of people have pointed out I have a 4 figure target to aim for

Let&#39;s face it, ALL the other candidates are very capable and who&#39;s to say I would have got the nod anyway&#33;

Finally a plea - I&#39;ve just looked at the Chairman&#39;s vote. There&#39;s little surprise how it&#39;s going and unless there&#39;s an almighty surge this week I&#39;m guessing it&#39;s congratulations to T&J. But what did disappoint me was the total number of votes cast. With over 160-170 members I would have hoped for more than 46 votes. If GAGB is to be recognised as a powerful voice in UK Geocaching we need a bit more commitment so let&#39;s see if we can get a better "turn-out" in this poll.

Finally thanks to those who supported my nomination. I guess I owe you a beer or three next time we get together.

Peter

Paul G0TLG Guest

Originally posted by The Hornet@Aug 23 2003, 10:29 AM
    But what did disappoint me was the total number of votes cast. With over 160-170 members I would have hoped for more than 46 votes.
    I agree with Hornet, it would be nice if more of us voted (and there&#39;s still time), but there is an alternative viewpoint: I think it could be interpreted that those members who haven&#39;t voted, are happy for either of the nominated candidates to be chairperson.

Certainly, although I have voted, I&#39;ll be happy whichever way the election goes. Perhaps a "Monster Raving Loony" candidate would have ensured more of us voted for one of the "sensible" ones?

Cache on...

Friendly Flyer Guest

Quite a few of us (me included) can&#39;t vote.

We hadn&#39;t joined at the time the poll was started and are thus blocked.

Is it possible for an admin to unlock polls while these important votes take place?

regards,

Colin

Another Nomination

We believe that whoever serves on the committee should be 100% committed to driving the GAGB forward.

One team we have been impressed with in terms of their understanding and educated posts has to be Team Paradise whom many of you will have met at the HCC event. Yep, they are the team who held a stall on technology in caching, Pocket PC&#39;s, BlueTooth etc. (cracking good stuff).

Good caching practice, technology and very helpful. Just what any committee needs. B)

So, What do you guys think, will you accept the nomination ?

[Edit typo]
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

Omally Guest

Originally posted by Tim and June@Aug 28 2003, 06:13 PM
    Another Nomination

We believe that whoever serves on the committee should be 100% committed to driving the GAGB forward.

One team we have been impressed with in terms of their understanding and educated posts has to be Team Paradise whom many of you will have met at the HCC event. Yep, they are the team who held a stall on technology in caching, Pocket PC&#39;s, BlueTooth etc. (cracking good stuff).

Good caching practice, technology and very helpful. Just what any committee needs. B)

So, What do you guys think, will you accept the nomination ?

[Edit typo]
    Aye, providing Team Paradise accept, I&#39;d be more than happy to see these guys on the committee... just what we need: real cachers with no axes to grind just caches to find

Team Paradise Guest

I&#39;m fairly thick skinned and have more free time on my hands than most, so yes, I&#39;d be happy to accept the nomination.

Steve - Team Paradise

Omally Guest

Good on yer, matey&#33;

Originally posted by Paul G0TLG@Aug 25 2003, 12:45 PM
    Perhaps a "Monster Raving Loony" candidate would have ensured more of us voted for one of the "sensible" ones?
    Err.... yes :lol:
    John
    Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.