Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Should I change my caching name?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it as The Nutters

3 23.08%
  • Change it to TigereEyes (Or something similar)

8 61.54%
  • Change to Fiona Tiger Eyes

1 7.69%
  • Change to Purple Tiger

1 7.69%

Thread: Should I change my caching name?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When I first signed up to start caching I used my name (FionaR), I didn't realise at the time most people had team names so as soon as I realised We as a family decided we should be called The Nutters (Andy's suggestion as his nickname is wingnut). All is fine with that except Andy rarely caches (he has probably done 5) Jasmine doesn't like caching, Shania likes caching but wants here own name so that leaves me on my own [] In the past my CB handle (yes I am that old) was Tiger Eyes and whenever I sign up to forums thats the name I use or FionaTigerEyes if the first has already gone. That is even my email address, so dispite the fact that last week I have just gor calling cards and a stamp with The Nutters on them (free ones) should I change my caching name to one that I'ld prefer or keep the one thateveryone knows?
    I know that Tiger Eyes (with the space) is already used by someone but haven't checked the other options yet.
    I value your opinions Fiona []

I think you should go back to being some sort of TigerEyes, but would suggest leaving off your first name, because sometimes it's wiser not to reveal whether you're male or female

I agree with Mrs B - I've voted for TigerEyes.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Just another thought... If you called yourself Tiger's Eye, you could use those tumble polished tiger's eye pebbles as a signature item to drop into each cache you find.

nobbynobbs Guest

what ever you fancy , i would say something like tiger eye, people catch on soon enough.

TigerEyes sounds good to me, it has a nice ring to it.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Go with your preferred choice - which is obviously TigerEyes (or similar). People will soon twig you are one of the same.

The reason I chose my caching name ... was because I had found my first cache and was sitting there signing the log book thinking 'oh no - I need to think of a name now' (initially thinking I would have the comfort of my home to make that final decision). Therefore, I picked my 'CB handle' from many years ago (wow - is it really that many years&#33

Also, as I quite often go caching on my own (when away on business), I wanted my own name and as with your situation - my husband has fewer caches and he only joins me on weekends/holidays so has his own caching name 'Paradiddle'
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

OK folks, I've done it I now have the caching name Tiger-Eyes
    The only thing I have to do now is work out how to change my name on the various caching forums that I use
    Thanks for voting