Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Can anyone say exactly what is going on..

redslm Guest

.. with Groundspeak? I am very new to Geocaching and absolutely love it, but having read the forums over on the *other* site I am still quite confused as to what the problem is exactly.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't shout at me, this is a genuine query!

Thanks! xx

redslm Guest

I think I'll take that as a no then :lol: Sorry, perhaps I shouldn't have asked h34r: , I'll get on with caching and not worrying about what's going on h34r:

Originally posted by redslm@Apr 26 2008, 06:45 PM
    I think I'll take that as a no then :lol: Sorry, perhaps I shouldn't have asked h34r: , I'll get on with caching and not worrying about what's going on h34r:
    Give us a chance . I'm sure lots of the others will, like me, have been out and about on such a lovely day.

Groundspeak appear to be making the rules/guidelines more restrictive and severely limiting the scope for reviewers and moderators to interpret them in accordance with local conditions. The situation was compounded by US moderators stepping in and moderating the UK forum, which they are entitled to do but which didn't go down very well.

This reached a stage where two long serving and very well respected UK reviewers/moderators decided they did not wish to continue.

So we have two problems. One is that the tighter restrictions tend to be unpopular in the UK, and the second is that we are now very light on UK reviewers with some concerns about how easy it will be to replace them given the conditions under which they would be required to operate.

Rgds, Andy

redslm Guest

Oopps sorry Andy, I guess I was worried I was going to be shot down for asking the question. It's really none of my business, especially as I'm so new to it all.

Thank you for explaining it as you did, it makes much more sense now. It seems such a shame, I do hope it will all get sorted.

Thanks again Andy, much appreciated.

nobbynobbs Guest

I don't think I've seen a person get shouted down in these forums and hopefully that's how it will stay.

The moderation here is quite light mainly because we're too busy in the bar

molfrew-mosstoad Guest

Yeah its pretty friendly on here

Welcome to the forum Redslm dont be put off asking any other questions its one big happy family round here