Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What we are attempting to do.

Bump any thread you like, sTeamTraen...!

No, I realize that GS doesn't formally recognize GAGB not because of any issues with us, but because that's GS's approach to caching organizations generally. I don't know either why that's their approach, but GAGB and the GS UK cache reviewers have always had a good working relationship, so I don't really see it as a problem. There may be no official recognition, but down at ground level things work smoothly between us.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Quote Originally Posted by sTeamTraen View Post
    snip

Mongers on the committee? So I asked.

snip.
    Oi, cheek of it!

Mongers looks for MrsB to withhold Nicks biscuit privileges

fraggle69 Guest

So what's gagb's relationship with terracaching and navicache? Are things anybetter or anyworse there?
    I suppose whatever portal we use, we're cachers through and through and think being represented by some form of UK body can only be a good thing.

Cheers

fraggle69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sTeamTraen View Post

It turns out that Groundspeak does not formally recognise any geocaching associations, anywhere. I'm not sure why this is, or indeed if there is a simple reason. Maybe it's for practical reasons, maybe it's because they wouldn't want to appear un-PC if some association allowed a thread to continue in its "family-friendly" forums with references to "Gypos" and "Pikeys", maybe it's because they don't think that they should be seen to be even remotely "doing governance", maybe it doesn't advance the world domination plan. No idea.
    Hmm I wonder how many average Americans know what a 'Pikey' is?

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle69 View Post
    So what's gagb's relationship with terracaching and navicache? Are things anybetter or anyworse there?
    I suppose whatever portal we use, we're cachers through and through and think being represented by some form of UK body can only be a good thing.

Cheers
    who?

Talking

Hmm I wonder how many average Americans know what a 'Pikey' is?
    Oh! I do! I do!

Wait a minute, I'm an American living in Britain, so does that eliminate me the average American category?

fraggle69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by arock&ahardplace View Post
    Oh! I do! I do!

Wait a minute, I'm an American living in Britain, so does that eliminate me the average American category?

In short I thinkk the answer to that one is... Yes

Quote Originally Posted by lost it View Post
    who?
    I did try and look up some local caches in navicache the other night. I found a couple, but it wasn't what I expected. One was placed by Magus Barelegs in 937 AD, whist on a booze cruise to Scotland with his mates. The other's currently touring The Democratic Republic of Congo in the digestive tract of a hippo, and is unlikey to be logged any time soon.

Think I'll give terracache a try!
    Last edited by jacobite; 12th August 2008 at 08:13 PM.

Cheers
    I would assume that, as GAGB is not affiliated to Groundspeak, there's no reason to have a problem with Navicache, Terracaching or any of the others.

fraggle69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Humphrey View Post
    I would assume that, as GAGB is not affiliated to Groundspeak, there's no reason to have a problem with Navicache, Terracaching or any of the others.
    I think you misunderstood where I was coming from, I want to know what form of relationship (if any) is there between terracaching/navicaching and gagb, or have gagb soley been interested in making links with gc.com?
    Do gagb perceive one org to have better comms than the other. It's important stuff.

I think you misunderstood where I was coming from, I want to know what form of relationship (if any) is there between terracaching/navicaching and gagb, or have gagb soley been interested in making links with gc.com?
    Do gagb perceive one org to have better comms than the other. It's important stuff.
    No, we're certainly not interested only in working with GC, but though we've made approaches to TC and NC on occasion, to the best of my knowledge we've never had replies from them.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Tbh, there isn't a sizable number of uk terra/navicachers, their systems of 'approval' don't lend to an easy way for the GAGB policies to be enforced either - terracaching uses a sponsorship method, and I'm not sure what navicaches use.
    If there was a competition for witty signatures, I'd come last.

I don't think Navicache uses anything as a policy. You just post your cache and that's it. Actually quite nice, but I don't think it would work once you have lots of caches appearing on the site.