We're back at last, so welcome to our new forums! The credit for them belongs to Stuart (StuartP), who has spent much of his Bank Holiday weekend achieving this.

You'll see that the look of these forums is rather different, and it may take a bit of getting used to. But the important things are that our membership database is intact, and though we've lost some posts it's not been many. If a recent post of yours has disappeared, it's not intentional, it's only because it was made since our most recent back-up. Please feel free to post it again.

If you signed up with our forums on Saturday (3/5/08), your account may not be in our most recent membership database back-up. If you signed up then and your account isn't being recognized, either sign up again or contact me and I'll set up an account for you.

The smileys aren't that obvious when you're posting - if you can't find them, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll see a link to them which should open in a new tab or window. Copy and paste them into your post. I know some of you rather liked the new smilies which I added to the old forums - I hope to import them here when I get time.

Some smileys aren't working in old posts - that may or may not rectify itself as and when I import the old ones. Also, some smileys in old posts may not appear the way the poster intended - please bear that in mind when reading old posts!

Take some time to look at your User CP (link top left), as a lot of your settings will be default ones, and you may want to change some.

If you experience any problems with the new forums, please post here, or email me or PM me, either through here or through gc.com if you can't do it through here. Please be patient if it takes me a while to get back to you - a major move like this is bound to have teething problems, and it may take us a while to get everything running smoothly.

---
Bill, Chairman GAGB