Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Charter Member?

Default Charter Member?

Not wishing to get involved in the current fight - but also wanting to support the UK position - I've posted this here rather than the "other" forum (I think its called voting with your feet), so as we start to get ordinary discussions going to attract ordinary cachers....

Can anyone tell me what a Charter Member of GS is?

keehotee Guest

It's somebody that took up paid (Premium) membership during the first year it was offered - and has continued to pay........ (I think)

Not to be confused with platinum membership - which is a closely guarded secret akin to membership of the Illuminati or inner circle of a masonic lodge.
    Last edited by keehotee; 7th May 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: edited to remove cinema seat position from masonic reference

moote01 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    It's somebody that took up paid (Premium) membership during the first year it was offered - and has continued to pay........ (I think)

Not to be confused with platinum membership - which is a closely guarded secret akin to membership of the Illuminati or inner circle of a masonic lodge.
    Ah I think I know exactly what Platinum membership is, it is a one off fee of brown tongue!

sTeamTraen Guest

Keehotee is right - Charter Member status was an incentive to people who signed up in the early days. I don't know if there was a big rush to sign up for it on day 365 of the offer.

Those thinking of applying for Platinum membership would do well to hone their skills at Mornington Crescent first.

Quote Originally Posted by sTeamTraen View Post
    Keehotee is right - Charter Member status was an incentive to people who signed up in the early days. I don't know if there was a big rush to sign up for it on day 365 of the offer.

Those thinking of applying for Platinum membership would do well to hone their skills at Mornington Crescent first.
    From what I understand, Charter Members are also exempt from any price increases that may be levied on premium membership in the future.
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

sTeamTraen Guest

According to this page, that applies to any Premium Member as long as they continue to renew. https://www.geocaching.com/subscribe/

Presumably, if the new subscriber price were to go up to $40, people who sign up then would be locked in at $40. It's not a bad offer, compared to quite a few places I can think of.

Of course, from the UK point of view, the cost of $30 can do up as well as down.