Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Getting coins done

Default Getting coins done

Ive always wanted my own coin with this logo

How much does it cost and does anyone have some good design skills to help out.

Where in UK can do these ?
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

As far as I know there are no coin producers in UK. Everyone I know who's done them has sent their designs over to geocoin manufacturers in USA and they in turn actually get them minted over in China. If you want your coin to have its own icon then I think that the cheapest you'll get it done is about £900. Have a word with some one on the UK Coin thread who's actually done it all e.g. Birdman of liskatraz - I think he produced a useful sheet of info about his experiences of creating the Cornish Coins.
    There's also a lot of information here https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/in...owtopic=116800

Lots of info here regarding the costs involved with getting tracking number and icons out of groundspeak - coin minters sort this out for you but it will give you and indication of the costs involved before you even get the coin made.
    https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/in...owtopic=116641

As has been said most people go through a US or Canadian mint - I can highly recommend, oakcoins, coinsandpins and landsharkz having also dealt with them all in the past.

Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

GoldenBrowns Guest

Default Cornish coins

Would love to know more about Birdman's experience of getting the Cornish coins done as we're thinking about doing something similar here in Wales. Any helpful tips would be really appreciated.

Birdman-of-liskatraz Guest

Default Cornish Coins

Send me an email or a PM and I'll send you what I have. I'm loathed to publish it for all to read cuz It's a bit personal!

And yes - I used Landsharkz this year and whilst slightly more expensive than the company I used before - their service was spot on and they can design a coin rather well.

I'm also happy to set up an online sales shop for anyone wishing to sell coins (and I'll only charge you a coin or 4!). Like this one.. www.kammneves.co.uk/cube

I've produced two coins and a pin now - any questions - please ask.

OK - I edited and updated the item I'd previously written and I've uploaded it to Producing a Geocoin

If anyone has some useful hints or tips to add to that I'd be delighted to expand on what there already.

Steve
    Last edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz; 19th July 2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Adding yet more stuff

Great article Steve, I was thinking about doing one myself but no point now as I doubt I could add anything of value to the one you have created.

We are now manufacturing coins for other people and have just finished the NW Cachers geocoin which was commissioned by the folks over on the NWcachers forum. It's a lot of fun and once you have the correct contacts in China it can be a relatively simple process. It's good to know your coin designs went well. I can highly recommend two of the mints you mentioned in your post (Landsharkz and oakcoins) as we have used them in the past as well but now have no need to.

I look forward to seeing what you produce next, your current coin is a stunner.:cheers:

Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"