Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: UK Mega Event Geocoin

Default UK Mega Event Geocoin

The UK Mega Event Committee needs to sell as many of these coins as possible in order for the event to take place.
    Whilst we have secured the hire of the venue at a significant discount, we still need to raise a fair bit of money ahead of the event.

I've priced them at £5.25, half of which is production costs - so we need to sell 500 before we break even.

http://www.megaevent.org.uk

I'll have some samples to show at the Cheshire Camping event next weekend, the pictures really don't do the quality any justice.

I am aware there are some that are unhappy with parts of the design. Sadly if they had contacted me before this week I could have changed the design, but they are now in production so it is too late.

Well, it looks great to me! :cheers:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I'll mention it in our next customers newsletter to hopefully drum up some support and reservations for coins.:cheers:

Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

I'm in for quite a few of these.
    Got to keep the ol' collection up :socool:

Oh no !!!!! The Union Jack and an Ireland that shows the Republic. Shock... horror..... now where's the Plastic Paddy when you really need him?

h34r: (is that enough smileys????)
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Muggle View Post
    Oh no !!!!! The Union Jack and an Ireland that shows the Republic. Shock... horror..... now where's the Plastic Paddy when you really need him?

h34r: (is that enough smileys????)
    Don't know about the coin - but the criticism's all wrong - it's only called the Union Jack when it's flown from the Jack staff on a ship!!!
    In this case, it's the Union Flag - and is the recognised flag of the United Kingdom.........and with over 20 smileys to choose from, why have you only used 7?
    h34r:hmy::wacko::wub:opcorn::socool::cheers:

The default in these forums is, I think, a maximum of six smileys and/or images per post, but I scrubbed that, so you can just fire away...

Unless I get bored with it, mwahahaha...!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    I'll mention it in our next customers newsletter to hopefully drum up some support and reservations for coins.:cheers:
    Done.
    Hopefully it will help with the coin sales. Are you advertising them on the geocaching.com coin forums? It would get a lot of interest from the collectors there me thinks.
    Ian

I haven't yet, as I've been a bit short of time to deal with processing the orders (starting a house move). I've got a couple more days of holiday left to catch up with the backlog before I start pimping them to the Americans.

Oh, and the objections didn't come from the use of the Union Flag, more to do with the unfortunate placement of the Mega Bubble - I should have picked up on it before I approved the production run, but we all make mistakes.

Default Should I release?

I've ordered a geocoin and wanted to support the UK event even though I can't attend.

I won't release my coin until after the event date but am wondering if I should ever release it at all.

Are other members releasing the UK event coin or keeping them?
    Ho hum!

I've ordered two of each, one set to keep and one to release into the wild (I'm an eternal optimist so hopefully they will travel far and wide).
    Ian

Default Fantastic

I received my coin over the weekend and it looks fantastic. Really not sure if I should release. Think I will have to order a couple more.

Many thanks to all who organised the manufacture of the coins. Really appreaciated by a newbie.
    Ho hum!

Oh no, I see that internet sales of the geocoins is closed.

Does anyone know if we can purchase any after the event?

I can't go to the event on Sunday which is a bummer. Flipping carboot with the wife
    Ho hum!

Quote Originally Posted by Watford Wobble View Post
    Oh no, I see that internet sales of the geocoins is closed.

Does anyone know if we can purchase any after the event?

I can't go to the event on Sunday which is a bummer. Flipping carboot with the wife
    I'm posting this with permission of GAGB (many thanks).

I was given the remaining Mega Event Geocoins at the end of the Mega Event to assist in running down the stock of them. It would be wrong of me to make a profit off them and so the money generated through the sales of them will go to a charity of the Mega Event Committees choice (I am still waiting to hear which one).

The coins are for sale at £5.25 including free P&P to the UK as that was the original price they were sold at. After I have accounted for VAT and P&P that will leave approximately £4.00 from the sale of each coin that will go to the nominated charity.

The coins are available through: http://www.ukgeocachers.co.uk/catalo...ilia-c-61.html

I will also be selling some of Mandys' Mega Event Calendars to help her recoup her costs and again I will not be making anything from the sales of these items. They are offered on my site as a way of shifting stock and helping our some fellow cachers and of course supporting a worthy charity (It's good to be able to mention the word Charity here).

Nuff said.

Ian

Great, I was kicking myself for missing these at the event itself.
    If there was a competition for witty signatures, I'd come last.

Did not get a chance to go either - so I've just ordered a coin. Maybe next year.
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Thanks Ian, you've got mail!