Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: And I thought the recent Groundspeak antagonism was over!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FollowMeChaps Guest

Default And I thought the recent Groundspeak antagonism was over!

Well it's my own fault I suppose! hmy:

I thought of posting my new thread on this forum but chose the other side as there has been little traffic here over the last few days. How wrong I was; I hadn't realised that Dave had joined the Grumpy Old Men brigade. He's closed it as "nothing even remotely to do with geocaching"!

Personally I can't see why collecting foodstuffs whilst out geocaching is any less to do with our hobby than nettles, the cost of fuel, who lives in a house like this, what's in your caching bag and so on........ not forgetting the The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz which even has the gall to a) claim to be 'off topic' and b) mention a pub which I thought Groundspeak feel to be a commercial concern!:cheers:

Not that I'm looking to get these other threads closed - I'm NOT. Rather I think that by closing these threads they are taking away the soul of the UK forum.

More power to this GAGB

FollowMeChaps Guest

Just to make it interesting I've added another thread to the UK forum (7:47pm BST). I wonder how long until it's pulled?
    Last edited by FollowMeChaps; 26th May 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Well, obviously you're welcome to post the original question in our Off Topic forum, and for that matter I don't think anyone would object if you posted it in the General one.

And I don't mean to imply any criticism of Dave - he's got to follow GS rules, and I'm sure it's sometimes difficult to know where to draw the line.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

All I'll say on the mater is that I posted a specific link to this forum when I closed the topic.
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Thanks Dave, I hadn't read the topic in question when I posted earlier, so I didn't know you'd provided that link.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

nobbynobbs Guest

shame that dave had to do it because of the rules but excellent that he pointed people this way as we're more than happy to have it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    - he's got to follow GS rules, and I'm sure it's sometimes difficult to know where to draw the line.

But his new and absolute insistence of the minutiae of each guideline can only be the result of constant harassment from a small group of fanatically purist general moderators from elsewhere.

Yes, a criticism of part of the GSP management team and not Dave, I hope the combined will of the new reviewing/moderating team, as and when it comes on line, is able to take the fundamentalists on and move the UK forum forward into the 21st century and not let it flounder in the past.

And I am well aware that some of those I speak of lurk here - so please take it to heart.