Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Terracaching Sponsorship

Default Terracaching Sponsorship

Hi!

I've registered on Terracaching.com this morning but have just realised that I need a couple of sponsors before I can view the listings.

Is there anyone out there who is already a member of TC who would be willing to sponsor me?

Thanks!

Ali

Done. 1 down, 1 to go

keehotee Guest

Looks like you've got all you need now - but I've added mine to the list anyway......

All sorted.
    It helps to have a spare sponsor :socool:
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Thanks everyone!

SidAndBob Guest

Did you just get lucky or did someone prompt you?
    After 2 years of waiting I finally got my first ever notification of a new Terracache on Tuesday.... and it can't be too far from you either.:socool:

Far enough though! 20 miles to my nearest terracache and 32 miles to the nearest navicache hmy:

wolfshead57 Guest

Thought I would give this a bash a well, but I need a couple of sponsors you lovely people you.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead57 View Post
    Thought I would give this a bash a well, but I need a couple of sponsors you lovely people you.
    If you don't get the necessary pair, send me an email and I'll do it straight away, but if you can get someone else it's probably better as I don't plan to use the site - I just had to join to find out about it.

Rgds, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead57 View Post
    I'd happily sponsor you too, but as far as I know it's only possible to sponsor people who're showing in my Users Recently Needing Sponsorship panel, and no-one ever seems to show up there...

I understand TC are working on changing that though, but I don't know when the change will be implemented.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Icenians Guest

You haven't appeared in my list either. I think they've made a change so that you appear in local users lists rather than everyones.

You should go to the sponsorship forum and introduce yourself to get sponsorship if you don't know anyone.

Kev

wolfshead57 Guest

Hi

I have posted on the sponsorship forum under TOON/N.E. England.

Please make sure you've entered your home coordinates in your profile, as this is what tells the system which members are local to you, and who should be alerted to your need for sponsors.

Cheers,
    Paul (Lord Darcy)

What is the point of sponsorship if you can ask any stranger to 'vouch' for you?

When this requirement is removed, or I personally know a couple of members of TC, I will consider joining.

If TC are serious about becoming larger, then I suggest they look at their joining method. There are plenty of ways to validate users to prevent bots joining.

Ivan
    Paved Roads: Another fine example of unnecessary Government spending!

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the system of Sponsors have more to do with the checking of caches rather than cachers. Removes the need for one or two people to validate the volume of caches set in the UK every week.

The main problem I have is a bit chicken and egg - no nearby caches; but I'm not a prolific setter. Not sure if any of the Wiltshire cachers are even looking at this site.