Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: TUK - new status code for Undead trigs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sagina nivalis Guest

Question TUK - new status code for Undead trigs?

How about an additional code on TUK to cover trigs which are somewhere between Damaged and Definitely Missing? i.e. just the base, maybe converted to a Surface Block, or bits of stone / concrete in the cairn, such as Craig Pwllfa
    http://www.trigpointinguk.com/trigs/...ils.php?t=2501

The main advantage is that you could see at a glance whether there's something there to look for, without having to trawl thru pages of logs - interesting though that is . It would thus need a new icon.

What do other triggers think?

That's not a bad idea. A lot of pillars have had their centre plugs removed/replaced with resin or something. From the start of my trigpointing, I've always marked these as 'slightly damaged' although the rest of the pillar may be perfect. I know in some instances this contradicts how other people have rated it.
    John
    Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

So, would TP6976 Windmill Hill fall in to this catagory?
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Sagina nivalis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bear and Ragged View Post
    So, would TP6976 Windmill Hill fall in to this catagory?
    A good example - several have logged it as Good, which as far as the Surface Block is concerned, is true. As fasgadh says in his 2004 log; "Need a new category. Pillars missing, but the stud is alive and well. "

SBs are a bit of a problem though - are they remains of the old base or newly constructed? Even so, they would qualify for the new category, as there is something there.

What to call the new category? Remains? Remnants?

Rob

PS how do you post the link and change the overlaid text to TP6976 Windmill Hill?

PS how do you post the link and change the overlaid text to TP6976 Windmill Hill?
    'Cos I'm a smart ar5e!

Put the words in the post.
    Copy the link URL.
    Click on the globe with a chain link (insert link) -11 along on second row above. ( B I U etc)
    Paste copied URL into box that appears.

Voila!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Sagina nivalis Guest

[QUOTE=Pharisee;18557]A lot of pillars have had their centre plugs removed/replaced with resin or something. From the start of my trigpointing, I've always marked these as 'slightly damaged' although the rest of the pillar may be perfect. [QUOTE]

Yes some follow this practice although most call these Good. Either way has its logic. By the way did you get that Harris trig you were asking about, way back in the days of the old Forum?

And very well done for liberating the Warden Tunnel trig. (Hey it works - thanks, Bear and Ragged )

senrabyar Guest

Default Need Non-Visit category too

Could I also ask for a "non-visit" category that doesn't get totalled up.
    I've added a few notes to trigs to ask for the T:UK admin to correct some problems, but I've not been to said trig.

Reading some of the logs, some could fit into "I was in the broad area, didn't actually look for the trig/stud/block, but I'll tick it anyway" category. Why they don't log this as "Couldn't Find It" I do not know.

Ray

Default Trig Pillar - Condition / Status.

Hi,

There seem to be two different questions for which I'd like throw in my twopence worth.

Where there are only identified bits of pillar on site, "REMAINS".

Where a pillar is now a block "CONVERTED". I such cases, in pillar IS destroyed, but the trig point is not destroyed - does that make sense?

There are quite a lot of situations where pillars have been converted to blocks. These are indentified in the OS archive. I have also tried to include comments to that effect in the Trigonomy database although I know I have still many to detect.

Anyway these are just my suggestions. The important thing is that TrigpointingUK is fully functional again, and at this juncture I would like a express my appreciation to Ian, Brian, Barry and anyone else involved for all their efforts.

Best wishes,

Graeme

The OS URL in text:
    http://benchmarks.ordnancesurvey.co....44157::NO:13::

Sagina nivalis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clochandighter View Post

Where a pillar is now a block "CONVERTED". I such cases, in pillar IS destroyed, but the trig point is not destroyed - does that make sense?
    Absolutely. I guess the SB should be User-added if not already on the site, and the trig logged as Definitely Missing. Then "Remains" should work.

The important thing is that TrigpointingUK is fully functional again, and at this juncture I would like a express my appreciation to Ian, Brian, Barry and anyone else involved for all their efforts.
    Amen to that

There seem to be two different questions for which I'd like throw in my twopence worth.

Seconded.

I've noticed that when the details for 'user added' trigs are downloaded to GSAK the location data disappears, making all such points a uniform 6206.88 Kilometres from home! Don't know if that can be sorted; it might be to do with the conversion of OS GRs to Long/Lat degrees.

It would be good to have Curry Stools and the like identified as such too.

The important thing is that TrigpointingUK is fully functional again, and at this juncture I would like a express my appreciation to Ian, Brian, Barry and anyone else involved for all their efforts.
    Life was miserable without it...:wub:

Sagina nivalis Guest

Default S3656 Ballageich Hill

Another in the latter category is Ballageich Hill but this one is on T:UK as a Block and generally logged as Good. And also as TP7112 where it is logged as DM :wacko:

Quote Originally Posted by Sagina nivalis View Post
    By the way did you get that Harris trig you were asking about, way back in the days of the old Forum?

And very well done for liberating the Warden Tunnel trig.
    No, the Harris trig was left for another day. If I'd have been on my own, I'd probably have given it a go but I had a companion for the only day I had available and he was very reluctant to take on that sort of hike. I didn't feel it would be right to leave him on his own for the day.... It was raining, too

In a masochistic sort of way I really enjoyed the Warden Tunnel thing. I got quite a sense of achievement from being the first to touch it for who knows how long
    John
    Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

Sagina nivalis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pharisee View Post
    I got quite a sense of achievement from being the first to touch it for who knows how long
    Know what you mean. I was almost disappointed to discover you'd already found it. Almost