Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: UK 'states'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile UK 'states'

GC.com have introduced UK 'states' or regions now.

You can amend your caches (and profile) to appear in the apporpriate region.

Its a bit on the flaky side though as searches are not working for the new regions properly yet.

https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/in...owtopic=199060
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

I'm guessing that a raft of coding updates is being applied. So a little bit of patience is needed [again ]

Deci
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Yes, still very poorly at the moment
    Paul (Lord Darcy)

Not updating mine, would rather archive them first. A feature without any value to me at all.

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    Not updating mine, would rather archive them first. A feature without any value to me at all.
    Got to agree....

Why, in a country the size of ours (small, that is) would anybody need or want to search by county?

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Got to agree....

Why, in a country the size of ours (small, that is) would anybody need or want to search by county?
    If folks can't identify local caches without this feature it beats me how they ever manage to find the "on" button on their GPS

fraggle69 Guest

fair comments but if we can PQ all the regions, it'd be piece of cake to keep up to date gsak DB.

Quote Originally Posted by uktim View Post
    If folks can't identify local caches without this feature it beats me how they ever manage to find the "on" button on their GPS

Maybe when the change was requested it may have been of use. There weren't as many caches a few years ago and a entire regions caches would have fitted in a PQ
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Got to agree....

Well, I don't know... something to stop people in south Wales getting caches on the coast of Somerset and Devon and vice versa etc etc apparently.
    From my point of view, I don't understand why this minor change is such a big problem to some folks. It took me about 30 minutes last night to update all our 30+ caches and drop them into their appropriate "states". Job done. It's an extra feature that I'll probably never use myself but, if it's a help to some other cachers who will use it, then I'm happy to do that small service for them.

Lucilla

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    Well, I don't know... something to stop people in south Wales getting caches on the coast of Somerset and Devon and vice versa etc etc apparently.
    From my point of view, I don't understand why this minor change is such a big problem to some folks. It took me about 30 minutes last night to update all our 30+ caches and drop them into their appropriate "states". Job done. It's an extra feature that I'll probably never use myself but, if it's a help to some other cachers who will use it, then I'm happy to do that small service for them.

Lucilla
    Snap ... I used to (when there weren't so many caches) pick up Cardiff caches as my closest to home!

I have just updated my cache pages. It is a shame that they couldn't have been done automatically by co ord - and then amended by the cache owner if they didn't agree. As until each cache page is updated, I can't see it being that useful as a lot of caches will be missed with regional searches.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post

Lucilla
    Would you like the nearest parking co ords compulsory then as well?

Bus stops, little glitter trail to the cache perhaps, cache owner sat there with a tray with tea and biscuits just in case it takes more than five minutes to find the cache perhaps?