Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: New Moderator on the "Other side"

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    90

    Red face New Moderator on the "Other side"

    I have just learnt that "Mrs Blorenge" Lucilla has taken on the mantle of forum moderator on the UK groundspeak forums.
    Perhaps the Yanks won't poke their nose in so much anymore.....or is that just wishful thinkingh34r:

    Congratulations.......i think!!! Lucilla

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Good luck in your new role, Mrs B, and I hope you'll have little or nothing to do over there...!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​


  3. #3
    nobbynobbs Guest

    Default

    God help anyone causing trouble now!!! removal of tea and biscuit rights!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. E. Wales
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Thanks, Terry, Bill, Nobby

    Is it still OK for me to drop in here from "the Other Place"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wadders View Post
    Perhaps the Yanks won't poke their nose in so much anymore.....or is that just wishful thinkingh34r:
    Congratulations.......i think!!! Lucilla
    I was thinking about that comment above... You know, I wish that some of the GSP lackeys would drop into the UK Forum more often to add useful and/or humorous contributions to some of our Topics. It seems as though we get to see their posts only when there's a "problem" that needs attention from someone high up in Groundspeak. I've only dropped into their Moderators' Forum a few times over the last week since I started this new post and I was pleased to discover that they're not all faceless lackeys and some (maybe all!) have a sense of humo(u)r.

    I'm aware of some of the past history of re. the whole Charities/Commercial Topics and I'm truly sorry that it lead to the resignation of two excellent UK Reviewers. As I've said in my Topic "Mandarin quacks" over there, it would be good if I can help UK cachers enjoy posting to the Forum and, where necessary, do a bit of 'preparing the ground' if there's some tricky situation that needs a bit of diplomatic intervention before knickers get in a twist.

    I guess time will tell whether these are realistic goals or not.

    Lucilla

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Mrs Blorenge wrote:
    Is it still OK for me to drop in here from "the Other Place"?
    As long as you supply the tea n biscuits I keep hearing about...

    Yes, I agree that it would be good if the GSP lackeys posted more often in the gc.com UK forum - to most of us most of them do indeed appear as faceless, and if we "knew" them better they'd make their own lives easier when things do blow up.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    As long as you supply the tea n biscuits I keep hearing about...

    Yes, I agree that it would be good if the GSP lackeys posted more often in the gc.com UK forum - to most of us most of them do indeed appear as faceless, and if we "knew" them better they'd make their own lives easier when things do blow up.
    Here here!!! (To the bit about GSP lackeys)
    But the policy seams to have changed to "Doesn't matter what they ask.....don't answer them!"
    If i treated my customers that way, i am sure i would lose them hand over fist.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Perhaps you could persuade more people to post here ? as forum mod ?
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. E. Wales
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    <MrsBlorenge puts lunchtime tea and sandwiches on the GAGB table...>

    It was good to see the Mod Michael posted on Us 4 and Jess's "Help!" thread on the "other side" last night.

    Also, with a bit of facilitating , nobby nobbs has got his Topic up about the assistance needed for a proposed Treasure Hunt in London. It's a nice, simple post and anyone who might be able to help can easily find out more details over on "this side".

    Help yourselves to the tea...

    (Can we have a Tea smilie, please?)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    :coffee::coffee::coffee:

    There ya go...! I must have overlooked that one when I imported the extra ones I'd added to the old forums.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ashbourne, Derbyshire
    Posts
    449

    Default

    :coffee: Ian grabs a mug and a sandwich.opcorn:

    Nice one Mrs B, its good to see you smoothing the waters behind the scenes and common sense prevailing
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. E. Wales
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markandlynn View Post
    Perhaps you could persuade more people to post here ? as forum mod ?
    (Remember, this is Mrs Blorenge's opinion...)

    Mandarin is acting as the UK Forum Mod to see that those Forum Guidelines are upheld to the satisfaction of Groundspeak. I'd be surprised if mandarin actually went as far as to recommend that UK geocachers use this GAGB site. However, as I (Mrs Blorenge), use both sites regularly I can see how a nicely symbiotic relationship could be developed. That's a good word, isn't it? I like the way that GAGB have made space for details of UK Events where "additional" information can be communicated, so I can see how some posts on the UK Forum will naturally bring geocachers onto this site.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    (Remember, this is Mrs Blorenge's opinion...)

    Mandarin is acting as the UK Forum Mod to see that those Forum Guidelines are upheld to the satisfaction of Groundspeak. I'd be surprised if mandarin actually went as far as to recommend that UK geocachers use this GAGB site. However, as I (Mrs Blorenge), use both sites regularly I can see how a nicely symbiotic relationship could be developed. That's a good word, isn't it? I like the way that GAGB have made space for details of UK Events where "additional" information can be communicated, so I can see how some posts on the UK Forum will naturally bring geocachers onto this site.
    I think you may just work out. :coffee::cheers:opcorn::socool::wacko:
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

  13. #13
    fraggle69 Guest

    Default

    ahh Mrs B working for the darkside now eh! I guess she's got more of a darkside than them so good on her.

    no doubt I'll be hearing tons from her coz I don't know the rules the other side play with anymore.

    though I believe my posts will be done by proxy if I need to post anythign.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of the Bear and Ragged Staff!
    Posts
    843

    Default

    I don't know the rules the other side play with anymore.
    I think the rule is:
    If the UK cachers seem to be getting along, make a rule up, and then say they are breaking the rules!







    h34r:
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

    * Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

  15. #15
    uktim Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wadders View Post
    Here here!!! (To the bit about GSP lackeys)
    But the policy seams to have changed to "Doesn't matter what they ask.....don't answer them!"
    If i treated my customers that way, i am sure i would lose them hand over fist.
    Maybe if the more vocal Uk forum mebers were less insular they'd encounter these folks anyway?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •