Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Must do caches in South Wales

Default Must do caches in South Wales

I am going to Wales on Friday with my family, unfortunately it's not a "geocaching holiday" more a "try and do a couple whilst on holiday"
    I am staying near Merthyr Mawr for 4 nights and Grawen near Merthyr Tydfil for another 4 nights. My family really arn't into caching but if they are in a fantastic spot that not too hard to get to (our youngest is 5) and arn't too hard to find (they hate searching for hard to find micro's) then I might be able to persuade them to do some.
    I like a "proper cache" as in - a place that is special but has the "I never knew that was there" aspect to it,
    I hope to do "A Stepping Stone Too Far" as it is walking distance from the first site.

Can anyone recommend any other really nice caches preferably in rural locations that we might like please
    Cheers Fiona

SidAndBob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Eyes View Post
    I like a "proper cache" as in - a place that is special but has the "I never knew that was there" aspect to it,
    If ever a cache met this description it must be Merthyr Marathon MM3 - Crypt with a View. The only problem is that MM1 & MM2 have to be done first as I recall and they take a fair amount of time each.

There aren't that many caches round that way. Most are brilliant and very few micros. They tend to involve a few hours in the mountains. Pip's Falls would be a nice short family walk by some lovely waterfalls. A good place for a picnic if the weather is up to it. It's an ammo box too.
    I don't know enough of the Merthyr Mawr area to comment on that.

So how did you get on over in the south-wester parts of south Wales? Did you have a good break over there?

Lucilla

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    So how did you get on over in the south-wester parts of south Wales? Did you have a good break over there?

Lucilla
    Should that read south wetter?

I had a great holiday ta Mrs B but only found 2 caches, I tried to find another but the paths too it were very dangerous especially with geo kids.

We will be back next year and hope for a drier week lol (hmm if I stretch it I may be able to do the mega aswell )