Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Caching oddities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Caching oddities

Ive noticed over the years a few odd caches in the UK they are not common but can be seen as unusual.

Puzzle caches placed before the puzzle cache was available.

A multi cache that is a virtual.

A cache with no terrain rating.

Moving caches.

A virtual that moves.

Anyone got anymore ?
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

fraggle69 Guest

dunno, think that about covers it, real oddities lol. I know of one where if you used an unusual container you had to list it as a '?' cache, hence why it's known as puzz/unknown cache ( I think).

Hmm, has GC.com ever had pocket caches? I think that sort of thing goes on over at terracachign, could you imagine an event of 100 ppl and they all have pocket caches, christ yer find would be through the roof lol

sTeamTraen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle69 View Post
    Hmm, has GC.com ever had pocket caches? I think that sort of thing goes on over at terracachign, could you imagine an event of 100 ppl and they all have pocket caches, christ yer find would be through the roof lol
    I thought terracaching was all about quality?

GC.com doesn't list pocket caches. But in a few US states people who find them at events log them by "attending" the event multiple times. (In other US states this is unheard of and people are appalled by it.)

keehotee Guest

Hmm, has GC.com ever had pocket caches?
    They used to exist on GC before mobile caches were outlawed..... wonder if any are still in circulation??

I thought you logged pocket caches by using an archived cache?

fraggle69 Guest

I don't know enough about terracaching to know if pocket caches exsist or not, but suspect they do. I don't see the harm in them, if they're clevery thought out, and perhaps hidden well lol, a whole lotta fun could be had finding it.
    I should imagine I could get in a whole world of **** if I carried a pocket cache. Imagine being stopped and searched by the fuzz. Explain the list of names away lmao!

I best stop there before I get carried away haha