Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Mega Event

Default Mega Event

Just got back from the Mega Event, after an 11 hour'ish drive (mind you we did pick off a few caches on the way back)

Just want to say a HUGE "Well done and Thankyou" to everyone who helped organise the event.

We were in a pub last night and overheard some cachers from Sweden saying how impressed they and some Germans were with the way it was organised!!

And this is one person from Devon saying Thank you and very well done too

Wadders

Totally agree! Thanks for everyone involved for all your hard work arranging everything - the weekend was fab :socool:

The whole event went like clockwork and that is all down to the hard work and background planning that was so obvious on the day. I for one was truly amazed at how simple and easy the registration process was together with the collection of the coins that I had ordered in advance.

Thanks to everyone on the committee, you all did the UK proud with this event.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

What can I say that has not already been said?

Fantastic job.

I was unable to attend but am pleased to hear it went well. And a big thanks to those who organised the geocoins. I have my supporters coin and it is fantastic.

Big thanks to all those involved
    Ho hum!

It was pretty impressive! Getting that many people into one building and still having things run smoothly is a difficult ask but the Committee managed it. Harrogate was a good choice of venue as it is crawling with good caches - I had a great time, even if I could only make it up there for the Sunday and Monday.

Here's another one saying "well done" to the organisers.:cheers:

Also, well done to all the attendees for enjoying the event and not trying to find something to criticise.

sTeamTraen Guest

I knew in advance that more or less everything was being done in a completely different way to the Dutch Mega Event which I attended in April, so I was interested to see what the two had in common.

Well, it turns out that there's only one ingredient required: dedication. That, and hard work. Two ingredients. Dedication and hard work. Oh, and imagination, persistence, and a few others. Good job the UK Committee had all of those in large amounts.

It was a superb day. Apparently there was some organisation going on but you didn't even notice it, things were that smooth.

Anyone fancy trying to top it?

I also had a brilliant weekend...... and the first time I have been camping for a long long time (think I have only been once in the last 25 yrs hmy: )
    It also seemed strange, but nice; to be walking around the area and just start a conversation with a 'stranger' but with a funny feeling that you already knew them. Think I knew/recognised more people in Harrogate than I do in my local town.
    Thank you to the Robin and the committee for being brave enough to take on the UK's first mega event (and nearly a double mega!) ..... hopefully this will now become an annual event (moving around the country) as now I have a tent I am going to have to use it again

Camping was good and hog roast filled me up, at they came from the North I met some old friends, the Fox Hunt confused me (well I am Welsh) and went to see the Horn Blower, what history.

What an excellent weekend and to top it off a Mega event so well organised.

Many thanks to all who put so much time and effort into making the weekend a fantastic success.

Andy

This is another Devon cacher saying how much I enjoyed the Mega weekend. Great to spend much more time with other cachers than you normally might at a pub evening event , good to cache in a new area, and on the whole, the weather was pretty good (ignoring one very wet Thursday and a few heavy showers on Friday and Saturday).

I wonder if there will be another group of people crazy/stupid enough to set up Mega 2009 lol :wacko:
    Cheers,
    Stuey

Birdman-of-liskatraz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post

I wonder if there will be another group of people crazy/stupid enough to set up Mega 2009 lol :wacko:
    You know what Stuey - I think there probably is... https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1216

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman-of-liskatraz View Post
    You know what Stuey - I think there probably is... https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1216
    Funny that, hehe
    Cheers,
    Stuey