Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Mega Event Calendars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mega Event Calendars

I still have a lot of Mega Event Calendars left, a lot of folks ordered calendars from me but have not paid.

I paid the Mega Event Committee their share of the money before taking out any of my own costs, so all of the calendars that are left over are now coming out of my pocket.

I am selling the calendars for £3.00 each this will include postage, this is just to make some of my money back.

If you would be interested in a calendar please contact us through our profile or at my email address.

durhamam@aol.com

Mandy

(I hope you don't mind me advertising my calendars here Dave )

Did you get the reply to the email you sent me yesterday Mandy ?

I just noticed that the reply address was a googlemail one so I have sent it to your AOL account as well.
    Last edited by Matrix; 7th August 2008 at 08:27 AM.

Yep, I got it thanks Mike, I will email you soon

Thanks

M

The remaining calendars are now on ebay (see here) so feel free to grab one or two before they're all gone.

Peter/Mandy

p.s. I hope I'm allowed to say that here. I've just been banned from the Groundspeak forums for daring to mention them in an inappropriate "international" forum (Geocoins)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    The remaining calendars are now on ebay (see here) so feel free to grab one or two before they're all gone.

Peter/Mandy

p.s. I hope I'm allowed to say that here. I've just been banned from the Groundspeak forums for daring to mention them in an inappropriate "international" forum (Geocoins)
    Ha! I've just noticed your membership classification...........

"Junior Member"? I must be pre-natal!!

Peter/Mandy

And just so there is no confusion hmy: resulting in hate mail hmy:. it wasn't Ducky and I daren't h34r: [skeletons in closets ]
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Peter/Mandy

They're being sold to fund an event, and we have no problem with that. I'm sorry to hear that you've been bannned from the other place for mentioning them.
    Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 8th August 2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Not awake
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Talking Ridiculous

Mandy, very sorry to hear that you were left with calendars on your hands. I'd have bought one on the day if I'd known, but my mangled memory told me that they had all been pre-allocated and I'd missed my chance.

In a very real sense, GSP benefitted directly from the mega event, through strengthening of the hobby that feeds it. Indeed they were represented at the event.

It is therefore deeply ironic that Peter should get banned for trying to help someone who had stepped up to help the event organisers financially. I suspect there may be an element of left-and-right-hands not knowing what they are doing, however the loss of goodwill from the geocaching community is palpable.

Anyway, I've bought a calendar on eBay now and hope that the price there is high enough to cover all your costs.

Thanks for creating the calendars and thanks to Peter for bringing this matter to our attention!

An absolutely ridiculous state of affairs, Groudnspeak approved the calendars, their advertisement and sale through their forums so why the 'U' turn.

More of a concern is the fact that a well known and respected community member gets a ban without a warning for an incredibly minor infringement of the rules - not that there was one anyway as the post was geocoin related.

It beggars belief as to what is currently going on behind the scenes over there.

Mandy its good to hear that the calendars are selling on e-bay, I'll have them up on another avenue of retail for you this afternoon - nuff said.

Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

There are still quite a few of the Mega Event calendars floating about

There are 20 in the UK Geocachers shop/website
    There are 17 on Ebay

And I still have 20 odd

If you would like a calendar or would like more for pressies/swaps/crimbo please let one of the above resources know.

All of the resources are selling the calendars for about half the orignal selling price, as all I want to do now is to make back the money I have already spent.

I was never in this to make a fortune but I did expect to cover my costs

Mandy

Well I just bought one anyway, even if I don't want one or use one (I'm a digital calendar kibda guy, lol). I might find someone to give it to at Christmas time )
    Cheers,
    Stuey

Just to recap:

2009 calendars on eBay http://tinyurl.com/5d8s79

2009 calendars from Ian's shop http://tinyurl.com/59zzd7

Mega Event geocoins http://tinyurl.com/5jm9b4
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    Just to recap:

2009 calendars on eBay http://tinyurl.com/5d8s79

2009 calendars from Ian's shop http://tinyurl.com/59zzd7

Mega Event geocoins http://tinyurl.com/5jm9b4
    Oh thanks Bill

And also through my profile or durhamam@aol.com

Mandy