Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lacto banned?????

Well my ban is over and I'll be saying hello over there shortly. Thanks for your messages of support over here, it meant a lot to me. For those who support the way Groundspeak implemented their ban, I endorse your right to take a contrary view to the majority of postings.

At least here I'm in a position to defend myself against some of the things being attributed to me.

Finally I think that the GSP thread had probably reached the end of it's usefulness (some might argue that it never was useful, but that's another matter) and on balance I think that mandarin was right to close it before anyone else got themselves a 3 day ban. I'm certain that the timing was purely coincidental.
    Last edited by The Hornet; 11th August 2008 at 07:15 AM.

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jacobite View Post
    Hi Happy Humphrey & Stuey, I appreciate your comments and concerns. My decision to list and log my caches on my own site isn’t one that has been taken lightly. The decision was taken some time ago, and if it were not for the “3 day ban” thread on the GSP forum, it would still be under my hat (so to speak).
    I’ve thought long and hard about the impact this would have on the community and myself, but regrettably, my lack of confidence in GSP leaves me no choice but to take this course of action.
    Please understand, this is not a protest, nor a “look at me I’m different” stance. This is a decision based solely on my principles being apposed to GSP policy.

I know I risk backlash from some parts of the community, but I would hope that the community would understand why this decision has been taken. I’ve always tried to support the UK geocaching community, and will continue to do so.
    Are your principles going to extend as far as refusing to find GSP listed caches?

Hi Happy Humphrey & Stuey, I appreciate your comments and concerns. My decision to list and log my caches on my own site isn’t one that has been taken lightly. The decision was taken some time ago, and if it were not for the “3 day ban” thread on the GSP forum, it would still be under my hat (so to speak).
    I’ve thought long and hard about the impact this would have on the community and myself, but regrettably, my lack of confidence in GSP leaves me no choice but to take this course of action.
    Please understand, this is not a protest, nor a “look at me I’m different” stance. This is a decision based solely on my principles being apposed to GSP policy.

I know I risk backlash from some parts of the community, but I would hope that the community would understand why this decision has been taken. I’ve always tried to support the UK geocaching community, and will continue to do so.
    I don't think that it's a case of "backlash", more like mild bewilderment. But I'm not sure what cache listings have to do with the forum problems. Perhaps you're taking this action for some other reason than the forum moderating policy? I'm not accusing you of anything, nor am I trying to stop you, but I can't see exactly why you're doing this. If you're determined to go ahead, then no need to try and justify it further and I wish you the best of luck with the website.

I know that Robin Lovelock set up his own cache listing site after an argument with Jeremy, but that was quite a bit more serious (he was totally banned, not just suspended from the forum).

Simply Paul Guest

I was watching the other forum, but unable to post anything, when the thread was closed down. I don't know who these people (more than one person) were; I only saw Andy&BeckyRiley pushing his luck and was quick to warn him what was going to happen by email. He seemed intent on getting a ban and mandarin give him just what he wanted- I think she did the right thing by closing that thread for 24 hours, and by issuing an official warning before responding to Andy's repeated infringements. You have to have SOME rules! It sort of highlights the difference between proper process and the sort of rough (in)justice handed out to Peter and I. I shall be having my say (within forum guidelines) as soon as I get back there... I'm looking forward to what uktim might have to say about some of the things I'll have to say about him, to him, there

Why not continue the discussion here, and now?

Quote Originally Posted by uktim View Post
    Are your principles going to extend as far as refusing to find GSP listed caches?
    Geocaches are the property of the cache owner, not GSP!
    I'm not going to stop finding caches just because they're listed on GSP (or because it feeds your needs).
    Please try and keep up with the program, read my posts. What I've said is, I will be listing my caches on my own site, and logging my finds on my own site.

If I felt you had anything useful to say, I would like to continue this debate with you. However, I beleive your behaviour on the GSP forum and here, is simply designed to be antagonistic.
    I would be grateful if you would refrain from asking me any questions in future, as I will not respond to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Humphrey View Post
    Perhaps you're taking this action for some other reason than the forum moderating policy?
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    My decision isn't based on forum moderation policy, in fact I support the forum mods and reviewers in there fair and balanced approach, regardless of what GSP instruct them to do.

My decision is based on GSP's unwillingness to listen and repond to the concerns of the UK community, as I feel they've adopted a "carry on regardless" attitude towards us.

I'm glad you pointed this out, as I'd hate think that folks thought my decision was a snub to UK mods/reviewers.

Geocaches are the property of the cache owner, not GSP!
    I'm not going to stop finding caches just because they're listed on GSP (or because it feeds your needs).
    Please try and keep up with the program, read my posts. What I've said is, I will be listing my caches on my own site, and logging my finds on my own site.

If I felt you had anything useful to say, I would like to continue this debate with you. However, I beleive your behaviour on the GSP forum and here, is simply designed to be antagonistic.
    I would be grateful if you would refrain from asking me any questions in future, as I will not respond to them.
    Jacobite,
    I have great empathy with your reasons and have come close myself to archiving my caches and relisting them somewhere else, hence my question some time ago about terracaching and navicache joining forces to make a worthwhile alternative site to GSP. However i never did, due to a couple of reasons; 1/ I found that the process was not a case of copy and paste across my caches. 2/ I want them to be found by the masses and not once or twice a year.
    However it is your choice, your cache, and I for one would respect you for whatever choice you make.:socool:

As for your comments about UKtim, I'm sure that no one would try to be like that to fellow cachers, (Would they?) at least i hope that it is the case, but i have to agree that he does come across that way sometimes.
    Perhaps feedback like this can be taken on board and we can all remain happy people

Thanks for pointing this out.
    My decision isn't based on forum moderation policy, in fact I support the forum mods and reviewers in there fair and balanced approach, regardless of what GSP instruct them to do.

My decision is based on GSP's unwillingness to listen and repond to the concerns of the UK community, as I feel they've adopted a "carry on regardless" attitude towards us.

I'm glad you pointed this out, as I'd hate think that folks thought my decision was a snub to UK mods/reviewers.
    Just to clarify: you support the moderators of the forum (US,UK-based and wherever else), and your decision is nothing to do with that. Your issue is with Groundspeak not listening to UK requests. Sorry to drag this out, I've been slow getting there! I would point out in their defence that Groundspeak consists of a handful of geocaching enthusiasts/ software developers, and as far as I can see are unlikely to be capable of stamping out resistance in the UK .

(HH visiting the centre of World Geocaching dominance!)

Just so you don't think I'm some sort of Groundspeak spy, here's a link that you should NEVER post on a Groundspeak forum - perhaps I should have even made a sock puppet account to post it here!

http://www.gpss.tripoduk.com/geocache/

...that's what a personal geocaching listing site looks like.

(HH visiting the centre of World Geocaching dominance!)

So that's HH - I always thought you were your avatar

I almost hesitate to ask this... but is that MrsHH with you?... or a member of Groundspeak?

Thanks for the link HH. I searched the net look for sites similar to mine, hoping that I could get some tips on how to go about things, also layout ideas. I wasn't aware of Robin and June's site, so thanks for pointing it out.

My site is still under construction (and I ain't no web designer), it can be viewed, but I'm not sure whether I can put a link to it in this forum (so I won't, until I know otherwise).

You are correct, my problem is with GSP HQ.

Well, it was Robin & June's site that brought me to geocaching, and Peter (The Hornet) was the first cacher that I spoke to in person at a cache meet near Aylesbury.

He leant me his GPS receiver so I could find the cache that had been place for the event. And he also seemed quite delighted to have engineered a seating plan that had Robin sitting next to Tim (of Tim & June bear fame).

Of course, I didn't know any of the politics at the time, but weren't T&J involved with GAGB?

Anyway, for an infraction onthe geocoin forum, wouldn't a suspension from the geocoin forum have been more appropriate? Total Forum suspension is quite wrong, since the post did not break the rules of the other forums, did it?

Bob
    Last edited by Belplasca; 12th August 2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Typo in the abreviation for tjis organisation...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    [IMG]I almost hesitate to ask this... but is that MrsHH with you?... or a member of Groundspeak?
    It's OK - that's only Mrs. HH. She's a veteran of many caches worldwide, a Mega Event, a Christmas Event...but would prefer to be a muggle most of the time!
    Last edited by Happy Humphrey; 11th August 2008 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belplasca View Post
    He leant me his GPS receiver so I could find the cache that had been place for the event. And he also seemed quite delighted to have engineered a seating plan that had Robin sitting next to Tim (of Tim & June bear fame).

Of course, I didn't know any of the politics at the time, but weren't T&J involved with GAGM?
    Bob
    That's all before my time, and although I'm still keeping a keen eye out for potential T&J Bear caches I haven't managed to kidnap one of the blighters yet! I don't know about GAGM either. Does Robin still keep in touch with other geocachers? I looked for one of his caches earlier in the year but it seems to have disappeared.

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wadders View Post
    Jacobite,
    I have great empathy with your reasons and have come close myself to archiving my caches and relisting them somewhere else, hence my question some time ago about terracaching and navicache joining forces to make a worthwhile alternative site to GSP. However i never did, due to a couple of reasons; 1/ I found that the process was not a case of copy and paste across my caches. 2/ I want them to be found by the masses and not once or twice a year.
    However it is your choice, your cache, and I for one would respect you for whatever choice you make.:socool:

As for your comments about UKtim, I'm sure that no one would try to be like that to fellow cachers, (Would they?) at least i hope that it is the case, but i have to agree that he does come across that way sometimes.
    Perhaps feedback like this can be taken on board and we can all remain happy people
    I most defininitely wouldn't make any postings to be antagonistic. Unfortunately there are some members of the "UK community" who seem to find it rather hard to accept that we don't all hold the same views

I speak up and say what I think, what you see is what you get. To my mind that is a far better way to conduct oneself than the sort of half-arsed attitude that makes a vainglorious show of moving their caches away from GS whilst still expecting to log other peoples caches that are listed there

Quote Originally Posted by Belplasca View Post
    And he also seemed quite delighted to have engineered a seating plan that had Robin sitting next to Tim (of Tim & June bear fame).
    In my defence I would say that T&J at that time were leading lights in the UK caching scene being the reviewers for most of the UK caches. I knew that there was a problem between GSP & Robin and I thought that perhaps having a chat over a couple of pints might "break the ice" and lead to a reconciliation. Of course I was not aware of the full facts at the time and it all came to nothing.

I most defininitely wouldn't make any postings to be antagonistic.
    I think a lot of people on the various forums devoted to caching in the UK would be surprised to hear that.
    Unfortunately there are some members of the "UK community" who seem to find it rather hard to accept that we don't all hold the same views
    One sheep farmer in particular.

I speak up and say what I think, what you see is what you get. To my mind that is a far better way to conduct oneself than the sort of half-arsed attitude that makes a vainglorious show of moving their caches away from GS whilst still expecting to log other peoples caches that are listed there
    Describing people who hold different views to you and who have decided on a particular course of action "half arsed" and "vainglorious" is hardly necessary.

Even if you believe that you have the support and/or agreement of the silent majority of UK cachers, please respect the views of the obvious majority of active forum members who clearly disagree with you.

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    I think a lot of people on the various forums devoted to caching in the UK would be surprised to hear that.
    One sheep farmer in particular.

Describing people who hold different views to you and who have decided on a particular course of action "half arsed" and "vainglorious" is hardly necessary.

Even if you believe that you have the support and/or agreement of the silent majority of UK cachers, please respect the views of the obvious majority of active forum members who clearly disagree with you.
    I have no problems with folks holding different views BUT we must all accept that our views are nothing more than personal views. The attitudes that I dislike are the ones that play on "cultural differences" to support a point. Many of those who use this reasoning quite clearly fail to comprehend the diverse nature of the culture they are championing.

The terms half-arsed and vainglorious were used to highlight the fact that we can all make sweeping generalisations. There are no shortage of folks in the "UK community" who use the terms "antagonistic", "troll", "sock puppet" etc as an easy alternative to addressing my distaste for attempts to create or nurture cultural divides. There aren't many people who I would have used those terms about but for Jacobite to accuse anyone else of being antagonistic appears to be a clear cut case of "pot calling kettle".

To make that accusation in a public forum and then attempt to close communications with a request not to ask him any more questions is rude and ignorant in any culture. If he hasn't got the backbone to defend or discuss such claims he shouldn't be making them in the first place

jacobite wrote:
    My site is still under construction (and I ain't no web designer), it can be viewed, but I'm not sure whether I can put a link to it in this forum (so I won't, until I know otherwise).
    Certainly you can - go ahead.

Belplasca wrote:
    Of course, I didn't know any of the politics at the time, but weren't T&J involved with GAGB?
    I'm sure you know this, Bob, but for those who don't, Tim & June were amongst the founder members of GAGB.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

uktim wrote:
    I speak up and say what I think, what you see is what you get.
    That isn't always the best approach to take in forums. Or indeed out there in the real world either, unless you really want to upset people and cause a punch-up in the pub. I'm quite sure I'm not the only person who's finding these exchanges a little tiresome. And I agree absolutely with Peter's comment about the use of the terms "half-arsed" and "vainglorious".

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    That isn't always the best approach to take in forums. Or indeed out there in the real world either, unless you really want to upset people and cause a punch-up in the pub. I'm quite sure I'm not the only person who's finding these exchanges a little tiresome. And I agree absolutely with Peter's comment about the use of the terms "half-arsed" and "vainglorious".
    Can I presume that you feel the same way about some of the jingoistic anti-GSP views expressed here and on the other forum?

TBH I feel that some of the folks expressing these views must be exceedingly naive short-sighted if they're surprised or hurt if people take a dislike to their views. No-one should be allowed to use any "community" to nurture division between different nationalities or cultures.

Can I presume that you feel the same way about some of the jingoistic anti-GSP views expressed here and on the other forum?

TBH I feel that some of the folks expressing these views must be exceedingly naive short-sighted if they're surprised or hurt if people take a dislike to their views. No-one should be allowed to use any "community" to nurture division between different nationalities or cultures.
    No, you can't presume that. Using emotive terms like jingoistic is effectively putting words into my mouth that I haven't used.

I fully understand why many cachers are feeling anti-GS at the moment. And given that the issues that have led to that have been actions by an American-owned organization against UK cachers, it's hardly surprising that some people should be feeling nationalistic about it. To expect otherwise would be the naive and short-sighted thing.

I agree that no-one should be using any community to nurture division between nationalities or cultures, but I have no problem at all with people expressing their opinions on what they perceive, rightly or wrongly, to be divisions of that nature.

I find Bill is expressing feelings identical to my own but in a much better way than I could have put them.

To further explore this "Anti-American" or "Nationalistic" accusation, I would point out to those new to the UK forum scene that over the past few years, almost all the real trouble "over there", including the loss of two long time reviewers/moderators has been instigated, or at the very least exacerbated, by a small group of people who happen to live in one part of the world.

As I was closely involved some people (one person?) might argue that I am taking a blinkered view. That is their (his?) right, but however the trouble developed it is a simple matter of historical fact where it started.

When that forum was moderated by locals (yes even before I came on the scene and also subsequently) it had an enviable reputation for being a very friendly place and definitely lacking in the usual angst found in many other forums. Let's hope that situation can re-establish itself once a full UK moderating team is in place.

It is showing hopeful signs with recent posts being sensibly edited rather than being subject to harsher measures.

uktim Guest

No, you can't presume that. Using emotive terms like jingoistic is effectively putting words into my mouth that I haven't used.

I fully understand why many cachers are feeling anti-GS at the moment. And given that the issues that have led to that have been actions by an American-owned organization against UK cachers, it's hardly surprising that some people should be feeling nationalistic about it. To expect otherwise would be the naive and short-sighted thing.

I agree that no-one should be using any community to nurture division between nationalities or cultures, but I have no problem at all with people expressing their opinions on what they perceive, rightly or wrongly, to be divisions of that nature.
    Or is it a case of seeing the obvious? As I understand it GS have asked for the UK to nbe reviewed to the same standards as the rest of the world. One of the joys of geocaching is it's glabal nature and the links that it creates around the world. I find it hard to understand why people are so desperate for the UK to be treated differently in some way.

I'll ask the same question as I've asked before and am still waiting for an answer to. Can anyone give some examples of the problems that GS have allegedly created?

Anagrams of swearwords don't cut it IMO. There are people in our culture that think that sort of behaviour is unecessary and unacceptable, it's not just a UK/US culture thing.

The only other one that has been mentioned is caches in drystone walls. I can understand the reasoning behind a local rule but surely this is for convenience rather than a huge difference betwen the UK and the US. It''s easier to have a blanket ban than for reviewerss to have to check that caches are well hidden and have a good enough hint to stop ill-disciplined cachers doing damage whilst searching for the box.

I'm open to examples but the best anyone seems to be able to offer is "if you can't see it we can't help you" or words to that effect.

uktim Guest

I find Bill is expressing feelings identical to my own but in a much better way than I could have put them.

To further explore this "Anti-American" or "Nationalistic" accusation, I would point out to those new to the UK forum scene that over the past few years, almost all the real trouble "over there", including the loss of two long time reviewers/moderators has been instigated, or at the very least exacerbated, by a small group of people who happen to live in one part of the world.

As I was closely involved some people (one person?) might argue that I am taking a blinkered view. That is their (his?) right, but however the trouble developed it is a simple matter of historical fact where it started.

When that forum was moderated by locals (yes even before I came on the scene and also subsequently) it had an enviable reputation for being a very friendly place and definitely lacking in the usual angst found in many other forums. Let's hope that situation can re-establish itself once a full UK moderating team is in place.

It is showing hopeful signs with recent posts being sensibly edited rather than being subject to harsher measures.
    There may well be some instigators and stirrers in the US. But I'm sure I've noticed a few in the UK as well.

As for any disagreements you may have had they should have been tackled at the time. Once someone resigns the decicion has been made. It's time to draw a line under things stop making veiled references in public to problems of past and let the new reviewers and moderators get on with their roles.

We're all grateful for the hard work you did and we're all a little sad that you went BUT harking back to "historical fact" is only going to keep old wounds open and make things unpleasant for the new incumbants

There may well be some instigators and stirrers in the US. But I'm sure I've noticed a few in the UK as well.

As for any disagreements you may have had they should have been tackled at the time. Once someone resigns the decicion has been made. It's time to draw a line under things stop making veiled references in public to problems of past and let the new reviewers and moderators get on with their roles.

We're all grateful for the hard work you did and we're all a little sad that you went BUT harking back to "historical fact" is only going to keep old wounds open and make things unpleasant for the new incumbants

Sorry Tim but that is a load of carp .

Our resignation was the result of the refusal of some GSP volunteer reivewers to accept that there could be UK specific cacche guidleines and the gross over moderation of UK forums by moderators from elsewhere who appeared to have no understanding of some UK customs and social mores.

As a result of the response in the forum to our resignation some of the local issues were, thankfully, resolved. The over moderation issue is still apparent as shown by the posting ban Peter recieved without the moderator following the stadard protocols.

In discussing the issue here, away from any GSP moderated forum, we are in fact trying to do so in a way that should not harm the new UK team - to whom we wish every success.

Finally you cannot begin to understand the unpleasantness we had to go through, and criticism we recieved at the hands of those few overseas based volunteer reviewers in the weeks leading up to our decision - maybe then you would undestand the anger and sorrow we both, I believe, still feel.

So, how about shutting up for a bit, eh Kidder?

Dave

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dodgydaved View Post
    Sorry Tim but that is a load of carp .

Our resignation was the result of the refusal of some GSP volunteer reivewers to accept that there could be UK specific cacche guidleines and the gross over moderation of UK forums by moderators from elsewhere who appeared to have no understanding of some UK customs and social mores.

As a result of the response in the forum to our resignation some of the local issues were, thankfully, resolved. The over moderation issue is still apparent as shown by the posting ban Peter recieved without the moderator following the stadard protocols.

In discussing the issue here, away from any GSP moderated forum, we are in fact trying to do so in a way that should not harm the new UK team - to whom we wish every success.

Finally you cannot begin to understand the unpleasantness we had to go through, and criticism we recieved at the hands of those few overseas based volunteer reviewers in the weeks leading up to our decision - maybe then you would undestand the anger and sorrow we both, I believe, still feel.

Dave
    I'll make two observations.

The first is that some of us have been through a similar experience with other organisations and are speaking from experience when we say there is no merit in poking at old wounds

The second is that if we are truly "discussing the issue" then all UK cachers have a place in that discussion and no-one should be telling fellow cachers to shut up If you can't listen to the opinions of others then it's best not to make any pretence of engaging in discussion.

I'll make two observations.

The first is that some of us have been through a similar experience with other organisations and are speaking from experience when we say there is no merit in poking at old wounds

The second is that if we are truly "discussing the issue" then all UK cachers have a place in that discussion and no-one should be telling fellow cachers to shut up If you can't listen to the opinions of others then it's best not to make any pretence of engaging in discussion.

....................Well, that really told me didn't it:cheers:

Yep

Certainly you can - go ahead.
    Thanks for that, Bill. If any wants to have a look at it, give me some feedback or comments, feel free to PM me and I'll send the hosts URL.

Did I just read that right in the UK forums (can I say that here )

Moss had just received a formal warning for telling UK Tim to .. and I qoute "wind ya neck in"

Is this not getting bliddy ridiculous

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Us 4 and Jess View Post
    Did I just read that right in the UK forums (can I say that here )

Moss had just received a formal warning for telling UK Tim to .. and I qoute "wind ya neck in"

Is this not getting bliddy ridiculous

Mandy
    That was what you saw after the post had been edited

Rambling Meanderers Guest

Dave

Well that exchange did make me laugh! Come on uktim, this is getting ridiculous. I got fed up of the GSP forums because pretty much whenever you post something you do so in an antagonistic way! I thought it was just me, so I checked back your previous posts. Nope, I was right - never seen someone pick so many arguments! Read them yourself if you don't believe me! As my Gran used to say, it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    That was what you saw after the post had been edited
    Yep I just came back to say I had noticed a "naughty" bit edited out, thanks for that Lucilla

He's a buddun I would watch him

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Us 4 and Jess View Post
    Yep I just came back to say I had noticed a "naughty" bit edited out, thanks for that Lucilla

He's a buddun I would watch him

Mandy
    bud.dun? hmmmmm Is that a personal attack?

Is that permissible over here?
    Last edited by Mrs Blorenge; 13th August 2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: to change an a to an i - it's so important to get that right ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rambling Meanderers View Post
    As my Gran used to say, it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it...
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambling Meanderers View Post
    Come on uktim, this is getting ridiculous. I got fed up of the GSP forums because pretty much whenever you post something you do so in an antagonistic way!
    There was a time when I thought it was just me that uktim was disagreeing with. It seemed that every time I posted a comment, he was there to disagree with me. Now I know he disagrees with just about everyone.

Mr Tim (or can I call you UK?)

I consider myself part of the less-vocal majority. I am a firm believer in free speech and a person's right to disagree with someone else.

But I also believe in 'community' and how it benefits everyone to be reasonably natured and respectful of others.

The fact is, Mr Tim, you are antagonising a lot of people (including some that are reading but aren't posting here) with your constant disagreements and argumentative tone. I can only think that either a) you are deliberately trying to wind people up, or b) you are genuinely unaware of the effect of what you write. If it is b) then I truly feel sorry for you.

I appreciate that some others are replying to your posts in the same manner and that isn't helping either. Although I'm not claiming uktim is a troll, I'm really hoping that other people decide to stop feeding him

Lisa

uktim Guest

There was a time when I thought it was just me that uktim was disagreeing with. It seemed that every time I posted a comment, he was there to disagree with me. Now I know he disagrees with just about everyone.
    Look beyond who I disagree with. Can you spot the trend in what I disagree with?

Look beyond who I disagree with. Can you spot the trend in what I disagree with?
    Life, the universe and everything?

Yeah....Everything and everyone!!

uktim Guest

Yeah....Everything and everyone!!
    Rather like your good self then

I suppose I could do the current PC thing in this neck of the woods and critcise GSP at every opportunity

I suppose I could do the current PC thing in this neck of the woods and critcise GSP at every opportunity
    Looks like I'm not very PC then!

Rather like your good self then

Nope you aint like me at all! to start with i quite like me

I respect others views, even if i disagree with them, and I respect their right to express them, but I don't respond in an antagonistic way to every B***** comment that is made on here. Is there any comment that you have expressed a positive opinon.....if there is I must have missed it and I would offer a spot prize to anyone that can point one out to me!!!

It is well known that I have issues with Groundspeak, but then I have been on here long enough, (unlike others) and I do know some of the history about the way that they have dealt with some issues and the previous reviewers in the UK forums. Do I know all of what went on...No, nor do I profess to.

There are a lot of great people on here whos views I listen to and respect, and trust me Tim you are not one of them.
    You are getting or should i say "have already " got a reputation for replying in an antagonistic way.(and i'm being polite)
    If that is your aim or you are proud of that, then all I can say is good luck to you.
    If that is not something that you are proud of, (and i hope you are not)
    then I would respectfully suggest that you look at what you type and the way you type it before you press the "Submit reply" button!!

We all have differing views, and we all have the right to express them, but there are ways of doing it without winding half the forum up.
    Now as someone said earlier on "wind yer bloody neck in" and i'll add, have a beer and chill out for christ sake

Cool

Nope you aint like me at all! to start with i quite like me

I respect others views, even if i disagree with them, and I respect their right to express them, but I don't respond in an antagonistic way to every B***** comment that is made on here. Is there any comment that you have expressed a positive opinon.....if there is I must have missed it and I would offer a spot prize to anyone that can point one out to me!!!

It is well known that I have issues with Groundspeak, but then I have been on here long enough, (unlike others) and I do know some of the history about the way that they have dealt with some issues and the previous reviewers in the UK forums. Do I know all of what went on...No, nor do I profess to.

There are a lot of great people on here whos views I listen to and respect, and trust me Tim you are not one of them.
    You are getting or should i say "have already " got a reputation for replying in an antagonistic way.(and i'm being polite)
    If that is your aim or you are proud of that, then all I can say is good luck to you.
    If that is not something that you are proud of, (and i hope you are not)
    then I would respectfully suggest that you look at what you type and the way you type it before you press the "Submit reply" button!!

We all have differing views, and we all have the right to express them, but there are ways of doing it without winding half the forum up.
    Now as someone said earlier on "wind yer bloody neck in" and i'll add, have a beer and chill out for christ sake
    Ere Wadders if yer going to quote me get it right puulease.. I didnt swear

An for those who would like to know the naughty that was edited out .. it was prat next time I'll wash me mooth out several times hic!
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

Quote Originally Posted by Moss Trooper View Post
    Ere Wadders if yer going to quote me get it right puulease.. I didnt swear

An for those who would like to know the naughty that was edited out .. it was prat next time I'll wash me mooth out several times hic!
    I do applogise MT, when i wanted to quote it, i could not find it again.

You are getting or should i say "have already " got a reputation for replying in an antagonistic way.
    Seconded Great post Terry!