Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Mega Event 2 - 2009

  1. #1
    Birdman-of-liskatraz Guest

    Default Mega Event 2 - 2009

    If there's to be a Mega Event in 2009 then plans need to be put in place very shortly.

    After some discussion there's the basis of an Organising team who are keen (is keen the right word?) to organise the next Mega Event somewhere in the Southern part of the UK - I would think somewhere in the general area of Bristol, but don't hold me to that as yet.

    If any other cachers are planning something similar can I ask that they contact us through my GC Profile so we can discuss matters further.

    If anyone within striking distance of Bristol wishes to be involved with planning then again can they contact us via my GC Profile.

    And many thanks to those cachers who've so readily said "Yes" to being involved.

    Steve

    Oh could someone rename the Current Mega Event 2009 thread to the correct 2008 one - Please.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    The other 2009 thread did start out as being about 2009, but it long since became a 2008 thread, so I have now renamed it as requested.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Just a thought, would this not be better as a sticky at the top of the normal forums?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wadders View Post
    Just a thought, would this not be better as a sticky at the top of the normal forums?
    I've moved both Mega Event threads here, and made this one a sticky. And I've removed the Mega Event sub-forum, as I now think it's probably better to have any and all Mega Event threads in here.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    304

    Default

    If the event is going to br near bristol I hope it will be the same weekend in August, as it looks as if I will be going to South Wales again thet weekend and should be able to pop over to the mega

  6. #6
    Birdman-of-liskatraz Guest

    Default Which weekend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Eyes View Post
    If the event is going to br near bristol I hope it will be the same weekend in August, as it looks as if I will be going to South Wales again thet weekend and should be able to pop over to the mega
    I'll certainly try to fit in with your plans! I'll let you know :wacko:

  7. #7
    The Cartooners Guest

    Default

    We would like to be considered as part of the planning team for MEGA 2009.

  8. #8
    Birdman-of-liskatraz Guest

    Default The Date

    After some discussion, we've agreed to plan the event over the weekend of the 7th - 9th August 2009.

    At this stage we can't be any more detailed than to say the Mega Event itself will take place on the Saturday or Sunday, but other activities/events will be planned over the weekend.

    Further details will posted here as they become available.

  9. #9
    fraggle69 Guest

    Default

    Have you asked GSP if you fulfill the requirements of a mega event that they will be happy to award 'mega status'? It seems from the odd email and thread on here that GSP may not award the mega status, even after all your hard work at fulfilling the requirements.

    I'd be interested in hearing what the outcome is, especially as it's a different team and is being held at a different location.

  10. #10
    The Second Mega Team Guest

    Default Mega Event Status

    We've had discussions with Michael at Groundspeak and there is no guarantee of automatic Mega Event status for the Second Event.

    We have to submit the cache and apply for Mega Status on the merits of the event.

    Fortunately we have Robin (Harrogate Hunters) on board for advice and so we can benefit from the experiences of the 1st UK Mega Event.

    The cache page should be published very soon at which point we need people to sign up for the event as soon as they feel able to.

  11. #11
    The Second Mega Team Guest

    Default A little Questionnaire re Mega 1

    Some of you may have noticed that we posted a link to a little questionnaire on the forum over there, until it was pulled as we'd not asked for the required permissions. We've asked for permission to run it over there - in the meantime, if anyone who went to the Mega Event at Harrogate has a minute to spare, you could give us some feedback http://www.mega2.org.uk/q1/20080820-e296.php

    Many thanks

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Second Mega Team View Post
    it was pulled as we'd not asked for the required permissions.


    I sometimes want to weep

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Second Mega Team View Post
    ... it was pulled as we'd not asked for the required permissions. ...
    Why on earth does a link to a questionnaire about a caching event need permission on a caching forum? How truly bizarre... hmy:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​


  14. #14
    fraggle69 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Second Mega Team View Post
    We've had discussions with Michael at Groundspeak and there is no guarantee of automatic Mega Event status for the Second Event.

    We have to submit the cache and apply for Mega Status on the merits of the event.

    Fortunately we have Robin (Harrogate Hunters) on board for advice and so we can benefit from the experiences of the 1st UK Mega Event.

    The cache page should be published very soon at which point we need people to sign up for the event as soon as they feel able to.
    With Robin onboard, I am sure you'll do ok. My concern is that regardless of meeting all the criteria, that it's at GSP's dicretion as to whether you gain mega status. Good Luck!

  15. #15
    fraggle69 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Second Mega Team View Post
    Some of you may have noticed that we posted a link to a little questionnaire on the forum over there, until it was pulled as we'd not asked for the required permissions. We've asked for permission to run it over there - in the meantime, if anyone who went to the Mega Event at Harrogate has a minute to spare, you could give us some feedback http://www.mega2.org.uk/q1/20080820-e296.php

    Many thanks
    Thats an anti uk mega event log deletion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •