Much mention has recently be made concerning words you can and can't use on "the other side". This is something I tried to learn more about when I was a forum moderator there.

GSP volunteers Moderators/reviewers and Lackeys have a private discussion forum and I asked there what words were and were not allowed. Apparently there is a list which the forum software automatically edits. This was set up in the early days of the forum and I don't think it has been updated recently. Despite repeated requests, this list was not made public even to forum moderators who had responsibility for the various forums. I never did understand this reluctance to share with us what was and was not acceptable.

I also asked if forums devoted to other countries/languages had their own lists. It would appear not, so you are free to write what you like in French, German, Japanese or whatever and unless a local moderator (or roving Global mod with language skills) spots it you are OK. Our misfortune is to have a language with a number of words in common usage in English which nevertheless are on the "black" list which is set up in the American language.