Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: What GPS?????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sharian Guest

Default What GPS?????

Hi Guys, We are looking to upgrade our old etrex and was wandering which map one is best for price and usability?

Any suggestions and help will be appreciated.

Sharron and Ian

I use a Garmin Colorado 300 with the Garmin topo maps and think it is great. The topo maps make such a difference

If you're after mapping then you could go for the dedicated GPS unit such as the Colarado 300 or GPS60cx - both of these can be used with Garmin's topo maps. Another option is use a PDA and install memory map or even getting mapping on your mobile phone!

I recently invested in a Colorado 300 and love it. Different set up to the etrex though, so you might want to try before you buy. Best advice I can give is to head to your next nearest event and ask other cachers to show you their units so you can see what suits you best.

Thumbs up

I agree, just got the Colorado and it is superb.

In the motor use a Road Angel 7000 Adventurer, with OS Maps, to get to the general area. Has drawbacks but I like the almost old fashioned navigation of it

I know this thread is quite old now, but anyone looking for discounted units could do far worse than looking on http://www.handtec.co.uk

When upgrading to my nice shiny Oregon they were definitely the cheapest around, as they were for my (business) partners Magellan Triton as well. However, it's quite a cut throat industry at the moment with prices fluctuating wildly.

Just thought I'd pass this on.
    Last edited by studlyone; 30th October 2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Approved post