Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Travel Bug

Hi All,
    It has come to our notice that the Travel Bug Daffy Duck has been spotted in the wild without the attached toy Daffy Duck. She was last spotted in "The Grand Tour" cache. If any one finds her we would like her to be returned to us, so that we can replace the toy.
    Anyone spotting her please can you email us daffyduck@this-is-amesbury.co.uk for a return address.
    Many thanks for helping us re-unite her with her friend. We would of course re-imberse your postage.

Colin & Daphne

Team Paradise Guest

Hi Folks,

I can pop down to 'The Grand Tour' tomorrow and pick it up if you like... It's my cache

I believe the toy went missing some time ago, as I was with AuntieMary when she found the TB at 'Tiger's Den ' and it was already missing then. Also 'AandS' mentioned earlier that this TB was 'unimaginative', presumably referring to the fact that the toy was missing even then.

Steve

Hi Many thanks to you for rescuing our Daffy Duck. We are looking forward to getting her back then we will re release her with her hitch hiker.

Colin & Daphne.

Kouros Guest

The Wobbly Club -

Although I have no doubt that the people who read these forums are more honourable than to behave in such a manner, you might want to edit out your six digit code for your TB out of your original post. Someone who is somewhat devious h34r: could use that to falsely log the bug, racking up bogus miles, or even log it as being in one cache, when in actuality it's in another.

Don't mean to step on your toes, or anything, but I've seen it happen to someone else and it can be a nightmare trying to track it down again.

Many thanks,
    Kouros

Originally posted by Kouros@Aug 18 2003, 07:10 PM
    could use that to falsely log the bug, racking up bogus miles, or even log it as being in one cache, when in actuality it's in another.
    Would tend to agree. Some do seem to take pleasure in messing TB's up.

But back to the bug. When June and I visted "The Grand Tour" cache we saw a bug which we are sure said it was "Daffy Duck". We are also sure that there was a slip of paper with it which said something along the lines of "He wants to travel alone". We might have been mistaken and it might not have been "Daffy Duck".

Don't really know why we didn't pick the bug up though !

Must be old age or something. :lol:
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

Team Paradise Guest

Originally posted by Tim and June@Aug 18 2003, 08:40 PM
    But back to the bug. When June and I visted "The Grand Tour" cache we saw a bug which we are sure said it was "Daffy Duck". We are also sure that there was a slip of paper with it which said something along the lines of "He wants to travel alone".
    Ahhh... Now that T&J mention it, I remember seeing that too when AuntieMary found the TB at &#39;Tigers Den&#39;. It had a label attached specifically saying that the bug wanted to travel alone and without a hitchhiker&#33;

Makes you wonder... who on earth would pinch the toy and go to the trouble of replacing it with such a label ???... That&#39;s just bizarre &#33;

Daisy&amp;me Guest

There was no duck, just a label when we picked it up from Carn Brae on July 11th. I thought it was a bit odd at the time.

Sorry to make light of this, because it&#39;s really not funny.

But &#33;

We know the bug didn&#39;t make it into the "Cludo" series of caches, so Col.Mustard didn&#39;t do it with Mr&#39;s White in the Library.

Also, it didn&#39;t make it into the "Sherlock Holmes" series, so I deduce there is no help there then &#33;

Guess we will have to call on the services of "Millie the Sniffing Spaniel" who can go under cover h34r: to solve this.

More seriously though, can anybody shed any further light on when the duck went missing ?

Does anybody know of any other bugs which have been removed from their tags ? Can we find some common denominator ? :angry:
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

Daffy Duck seems to have gone missing in April. GPS44M placed the TB in The Meldon Ramble on April 21st, and logged &#39;Took Gizmos1 TB and left Daffy Duck TB (he is only a tag). &#39;

No earlier log sheds any light on when it happened.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

This is getting stranger by the minute. Bill (wwh) says it was logged April 21st just a tag. It went on its travels with the duck and a laminated tag with our return address on for when she finally got to the USA.
    Perhaps there is someone out there with a Daffy Duck fetish.

AuntieMary Guest

Just thought I should add - Steve you&#39;re too late&#33; Subarite has what&#39;s left of poor Daffy.

I&#39;m sorry Wobblies, I didn&#39;t realise your TB had been vandalised or I wouldn&#39;t have placed it again. I can&#39;t believe somebody would do such a pointless and mean thing

Subarite Guest

As Mary said - I now have it. I am waiting for instructions from The Wobbly Club as to what to do with it.

I tried adding an image but it just showed the URL

Andy.

Edit:

Started new thread so as not to hijack this one.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Subarite Guest

The bug&#39;s dog tag is on it&#39;s way to the Wobbly Club by snail mail.

Andy.

Thanks Andy

Daffy Duck is back with us safe and sound. She is now waiting for us to find her a new friend to accompany her on her travels.

Thanks also to everyone else involved in the hunt for Daffy Duck

Colin & Daphne